free hit
counters
Lotus readies next Esprit - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rob

Lotus readies next Esprit

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO !!!!!. It's all a load of B0ll0cks !!!!! Trust me on this one, i have seen the full size clay and it does not look like the car in Auto Express. I am NOT willing to divulge what it DOES look like as this is job-losing territory.

CHILL Gentlement of the forum !!!!

The real thing looks much better.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The wedge is not dead? :)

'03.5 Final Edition Esprit ~ 5.7lbs/hp

mildly modded - 430rwhp, 353rwtq

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I like it but not as an esprit replacement.. looks like competition for a noble not ferrari/lambo... think it looks great though looks

Mark MacKenzie  Elise S2 135 Sport 

yeah if you email me a pic, i promise i wont show anyone...

i just need to finally get a good night of sleep again  :) ...

Shah

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hah ha ha ha ha You wish !!!!

Duh, OK then !!..........I Don't think so, but good try.

Sleep soundly Gentlemen, it is not a born again Exige that will carry the Esprit badge. (although, the back is mildly remeniscent of.......No, must stop myself!!!!)

This car had better be good after all this B/S :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I definately agree Wayne. I hope that it doesnt make me depressed when i finally get to see it...

i can just see the day when I open the post on here labeled "Official Esprit Pics" and get suprised by a slightly wider version of the Europa S. bleh... Lotus, please dont let us down. Dont you remember Colin???

Shah

My Beautiful Car http://www.glcforum.com/ukesprit/forums/in...CODE=12&CID=182

ribbon200.gifProud to be a G-car ownerribbon200.gif

I hope that this is a bad elise sketch and not the new Esprit :)

Is better the picture of Autocar(the blue car)than this of autoexpress!! B)

Thanks neuron, you have restored my faith in humanity ;)

When do the loyal and faithfull get to see the real thing? :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe a cash incentive could be more persuasive?

Could organize a quick whip-round and sort some unmarked notes and send 'em over in a brown paper bag... ;)

this thread taxed me. I'm glad I got to it so late in the day.

Thank god Neuron.

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Sleep soundly Gentlemen, it is not a born again Exige that will carry the Esprit badge. (although, the back is mildly remeniscent of.......No, must stop myself!!!!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So it will carry the Esprit badge then.

So it will carry the Esprit badge then.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If this is the finished product then it looks like Lotus are going to fall into the same trap as Aston have with bringing out new models which to the untrained eye are virtually indistinguishable from each other, though pretty, but thats not the point. Lets hope the new esprit is a completely new fresh model and not just another elise, exige and europa clone

If this is the finished product then it looks like Lotus are going to fall into the same trap as Aston have with bringing out new models which to the untrained eye are virtually indistinguishable from each other, though pretty, but thats not the point.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Only is this case they'd be ugly.

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

I read somewheres the Esprit design has been "Signed Off"

I guess there is nothing further to do but wait.

Sugestions, critisms, pleas will all have no influence on the look of this car.

Fingers Crossed ;)

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Kimbers you've been a little to quiet about these pictures. ;)

Hope that doesn't mean anything, try to reassure us mate! :lol:

However I do like that car quite a bit (loose the fog lights!), just not as a new Esprit.

Chunky Lover

GUYS!!!

PLEASE read through the entire thread (I know its long!) BEFORE posting!

It has already been unofficially-offically debunked!

:lol:

Neuron - you're an evil, evil man! - My kinda guy! lmao ;)

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

GUYS!!!

PLEASE read through the entire thread (I know its long!) BEFORE posting!

If they started now they would miss donnington by the time they had read it all. ;)

;) This time................. bloody pc!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if the new esprit looks like this, I am really glad I prefer the G cars over this! (great another elise look a like)

Kimbers you've been a little to quiet about these pictures.  ;)

Hope that doesn't mean anything, try to reassure us mate!  :lol:

However I do like that car quite a bit (loose the fog lights!), just not as a new Esprit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have to understand that it is very difficult to say too much for obvious reasons (i think most of you know why...).

All i will say is that it is errrr,mmmmmm, well, it......Seems to have taken some styling cues from many of the 'supposed' Esprit designs that have been seen around. Not one of them is truly like the final design but there are some elements used. HOWEVER, the orange inflated-exige car in this weeks autoexpress/autocar DOES NOT look like the design that some staff have been shown. That car will never be fit to take over the Esprits mantle (I do, however, think that it would make a great Mk III Exige !!! The side air intakes are FAR nicer than the black plastic affairs on the current Exige....sorry, off-topic).

Oh, and just to be clear.....I did not say that it WAS going to carry the Esprit badge, we can always hope but no-one knows yet.

For me, the design reminds me of one manufacturers current production car at one end and another manufacturers concept vehicle at the other end. and No, i will not say whose cars or what models !!!! I have a Mortgage to pay !

Keep dreaming fella's.........

You have to understand that it is very difficult to say too much for obvious reasons (i think most of you know why...).

All i will say is that it is errrr,mmmmmm, well, it......Seems to have taken some styling cues from many of the 'supposed' Esprit designs that have been seen around. Not one of them is truly like the final design but there are some elements used. HOWEVER, the orange inflated-exige car in this weeks autoexpress/autocar DOES NOT look like the design that some staff have been shown. That car will never be fit to take over the Esprits mantle (I do, however, think that it would make a great Mk III Exige !!! The side air intakes are FAR nicer than the black plastic affairs on the current Exige....sorry, off-topic).

Oh, and just to be clear.....I did not say that it WAS going to carry the Esprit badge, we can always hope but no-one knows yet.

For me, the design reminds me of one manufacturers current production car at one end and another manufacturers concept vehicle at the other end. and No, i will not say whose cars or what models !!!! I have a  Mortgage to pay !

Keep dreaming fella's.........

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ohhh... food for thought... my mind is racing trying to dream up ideas... I was hoping that the design would make all us original esprit lovers happy...

Shah

My Beautiful Car http://www.glcforum.com/ukesprit/forums/in...CODE=12&CID=182

ribbon200.gifProud to be a G-car ownerribbon200.gif

If this is the finished product then it looks like Lotus are going to fall into the same trap as Aston have with bringing out new models which to the untrained eye are virtually indistinguishable from each other, though pretty, but thats not the point.  Lets hope the new esprit is a completely new fresh model and not just another  elise, exige and europa clone

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Ah, an Esprit? Sorry Sir, it must be a bad line - I could have sworn you said you were interested in buying an Esprise..." <click>... brrrrrr

:):(

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

My money's on a Murci or Bugatti front end and a hint of Enzo or Gallardo rear

(thought I hope not cos the rear end of the Gallardo is the worst bit of lazy, unimaginative, chopped design I've ever seen!)

OOOH! :( I wonder if they've been looking at the Zonda?!?! :)< set (bunny) := Happy; >

A Zonda-esque rear-end would kinda make sense!

The stalled Honda HSC concept always looked the tits imo!

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

My money's on a Murci or Bugatti front end and a hint of Enzo or Gallardo rear

(thought I hope not cos the rear end of the Gallardo is the worst bit of lazy, unimaginative, chopped design I've ever seen!)

OOOH! :( I wonder if they've been looking at the Zonda?!?! :)< set (bunny) := Happy; >

A Zonda-esque rear-end would kinda make sense!

The stalled Honda HSC concept always looked the tits imo!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is still supposed to have the "wedge" shape. How close to the wedge we will eventually find out. I'd say this is a pretty anticipated car!

That yellow one though is definitly not an Esprit. S3 possibly which then would work really well.