free hit
counters
Lotus readies next Esprit - Page 3 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rob

Lotus readies next Esprit

^ with a bit of tweaking, that tail light config wouldn't be bad at all.

Then again, I like a lot of things about the Gallardo and De Lorean DMC-12, so my tastes are a bit different than most...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

zonda and the bugatti veyron two of the ugliest cars on sale today

sorry mr dr fish robin evil person

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

The ^^^^^^ Zonda is SOOO gorgeous it even makes the DB9 looks like a Beford Van!

:)

db9.jpg

10_psd.jpg

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Styling is a very subjective thing. IMO a 'clean' design is timeless, without trendy lights or overdoing scoops, wings, etc.

The Porsche 911 has aged well, whereas the 25th anniversary Countach and 80's era Ferraris with the cheesegrater sides, not so much.

To my eye the S cars look as good now as they did when they came out in the 80's, in no small part ot the clean, uncluttered look. I'm not wild about some of the wing configurations, but even Porsche had whale-tails, stacked spoilers, and 'duallie truck' rear fenders on the 911 from time to time...

I'd love to see a reworked S car incorporating some of Stevens' current work, like the risp design he did for ProDrive - as long as it was artfully incorporated and not simply bolted on.

Edited by Manntis

I agree wholeheartedly with my esteemed collegue Howard :)

The Phfagwanie Zondarh and the Buggeredup Vanrun are an affront to my eyes :)

Fishy has the tastes of an Arab oil sheiks son in motors :P:(

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Zonda looks awful IMO. Undecided on whether it's worse than the Veyron, so I can't quite agree with Howard yet :)

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Thanks wayne we have similar tastes i belive, i like the boomerang for one and that green car that was posted the other day ?bertone? somthing?

zonda looks out of balance and the front end of the veyron is ugh, maybe its the grill or the roundness

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

. . . and that green car that was posted the other day ?bertone? somthing?

Alfa Romeo Carabo. Amazing to think it was designed in 1968.

http://www.lotusespritturbo.com/Alfa_Romeo_Carabo.htm

espritturbo-Alfa_Romeo_Carabo_5.jpg

Edited by Mark Blanchard

Thanks, just being lazy not looking for the thread

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

If you like the wedge, this is the Bertone Stratos Concept 1. (not as nice as the Carabo IMO)

zero_01.jpg

future04insp_f700x400.jpg

turin_stratos.jpg

Edited by WayneB

SUNP0003-1.jpg

WOW I like that! looks like it should be in a si fi movie

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Well... come on Kimbers! (et al) We know you're out there! You've seen the clay - if you can debunk these pictures PLLLLLEASE do so!!!

Kimbers is currently unavailable please leave a message after the beep...........................beep!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO !!!!!. It's all a load of B0ll0cks !!!!! Trust me on this one, i have seen the full size clay and it does not look like the car in Auto Express. I am NOT willing to divulge what it DOES look like as this is job-losing territory.

CHILL Gentlement of the forum !!!!

The real thing looks much better.

OK Phew thank god someone else got there before me, Neuron is quite correct and you can all put your mind at rest. That picture is merely a photoshopped Elise and the new Esprit is different. I'm not sure which clay Neuron has seen as there have been some changes to make it more aggressive, however in the words of the powers that be "Hahaha, I knew you'd be calling me. No thats not it thats just rubbish, the new Esprit is aggressive and even I like it....." which is saying something as the last car he liked was the Diablo.

By the way, it's past clay and into testing....Early 2008 tho before you will see it.

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I hope that the new Lotus Esprit has design like Autocar's blue car sketch that is better of an gallardo :)

If you like the wedge, this is the Bertone Stratos Concept 1. (not as nice as the Carabo IMO)

zero_01.jpg

future04insp_f700x400.jpg

turin_stratos.jpg

Didn't that young boy drive the pink panther around in that?

Im going to send you some spectacles Mr.KimberlEy :):)

Bob Resigner in California built the Pink Panther Mobile :(

Saw it loads of times on the ISCA car show circuit.

pink%20panther.jpg

Edited by WayneB

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Im going to send you some spectacles Mr.Kimberly :)  :)

Bob Resigner in California built the Pink Panther Mobile :P

Saw it loads of times on the ISCA car show circuit.

pink%20panther.jpg

Missed an "e" from my name there chief.....mr know it all :( can't talk in middle of a game of poker.

So... If you were to guess... The NEW Esprit will be finalized at the end of 2007, showcased at Geneva in 2008, begin its run in the assembly line in the mid/end of 2008, and will probably hit our homes at the beginning or middle of 2009. Does that sound about right for an entirely new Lotus auto to hit the dealerships??

Ed-

So... If you were to guess... The NEW Esprit will be finalized at the end of 2007, showcased at Geneva in 2008, begin its run in the assembly line in the mid/end of 2008, and will probably hit our homes at the beginning or middle of 2009.  Does that sound about right for an entirely new Lotus auto to hit the dealerships??

Ed-

I would estimate, production starting early 2008. But what do i know!

The guys at our local Esprit club hijaked this pick and they swear its the 2008 Esprit:

post-447-1142814756.jpg

"It's a glum day for Lotus fans. It seems Lotus's reevaluation of the M250 for global markets has resulted in the project being binned. According to a letter sent to those who have deposits on the car, the M250 wouldn't have satisfied the needs of the global marketplace and therefore won't go into production."

Let's hope the new Esprit does not end with the above statement.... I wish they would have sold a few of those M250's...