free hit
counters
Alpine Naviextras Toolbox - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Has anyone managed to get this working ?

I have registered online and downloaded the toolbox

But when i connect the mobile satnav unit to the laptop via usb - nothing happens (and yes the satnav has a mains power connection) - ie it is not recognising the satnav unit?

Also when i try to login via the toolbox, the toolbaox refuses to recognise my login details.

If i then go to the webpage to register again, when i enter my username/password, this instantly logs me in ok - but when i go back to toolbox, it will still not recognise my details.

any thoughts?

cheers

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I have managed to get this working and have updated my maps to 2010 Q1, the latest available.

I did have similar problem to you the first time I tried it but disconnected everything, rebooted the computer, reset the Blackbird and then put it into USB mode, connected the USB cable and hey presto it connected and logged me in.

Justin,

alpine.naviextras.com

It's where you register for map and speed camera updates. Follow the link from the alpine website Alpine Map Updates

http://www.alpine-el...map-update.html

Press the reset A on the bottom of the blackbird.

Connect the power lead to the Blackbird (not required to enter USB mode but when downloading maps etc you need to make sure the unit has sufficient power)

Simultaneously hold down the power on button B and the map zoom C. Hold both buttons down until USB update mode is shown on the screen.

df874c86e2.jpg

Release buttons and plug in USB cable.

If toolbox is on your PC then it will start automatically and you use the login you created in alpine.naviextras.com

Regards,

Brian

Edited by USAndretti42
Removed quote if immediately-preceding post

Why are we having to do this on a £62K car?????? This and any other thread read tonight on antenna or whatever?

This forum is fantastic and a great resource but we are missing the point. I for one do not want to spend my time trying to fix something that should be working correctly. What about all the people who just bought a car to drive as oppose to enthuse over? At the moment my patience is stretched to breaking point on this thing and if I do not get the dealer to resolve the matter further then about time I started taking the matter further to some interested motoring press or whoever.

Is anybody in Lotus reading this????

Yes you are right Al we shouldn't have to do this. My biggest annoyance is the fact that the unit was delivered with old maps and an old camera warnings database. I would have expected a free update on the first occasion that the unit is hooked up to the alpine website.

When you buy a TomTom you get a free update of the maps within 30 days of purchase.

At least we are able to update the maps on a quarterly basis and the speed camera database as and when they update the main database. This is obviously at a cost but that is the same for any portable sat nav system. I am in the habit of updating my TomTom speed cameras at least monthly and always before I travel on a new route or route I haven't used for a while. BMW or Audi I believe only release a maps update disc annually and don't have speed camera warnings. The new disks are costly as well.

Thanks for the tip on this! On the Alpine USA web site, it just says "Software updates for the Blackbird PMD-B100/T and PMD-B200 will no longer be offered." Grabbing the Naviextras Toolbox now and will see if it works later...

Looks like we in the USA are stuck with a crappy NAV....we have the 1.0 software. Europe has 2.0 version. The firmware update works only for 2.0 software. No US/North America maps are available for 2.0, which features lane guidance and cute little drawings of landmark buildings. So we are limited to old software and told there will be no map updates ever.

S*cks to be us, but this explains completely our situation.