free hit
counters
Moat - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Moat

Bibs

Dead now.

I wonder if he was related to Geoff Moat, they're from the same neck of the woods.

Anyway, from the Telegraph...

An RAF Tornado was also deployed to use wartime technology in a bid to find the gunman.

What's the help of a fighter/bomber in finding a bloke with a gun? I thought that the cops had all these sophisticated cameras on their choppers, not sure what a fast jet at 600mph+ is going to do to help apart from bring him into the open if he's a plane spotter?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched it all unfold on the big telly in the pub early this morning...

Surrounded by experts, all of whom did not know anything more about the guy or the situation that what they have seen in the media, but they still had expert ideas on exactly what the police should have done.

:thumbdown:

Least he did not kill anyone else, i REALLY thought it would be a 'sundance' style end for him though.

They were using the reconnaisance kit on the Tornado to take images and then compare those taken at different times to see if there were any changes ... they use the same concept in the sandpit to look for disturbed ground that might be concealing IED's.

At least the bloke did the decent thing in the end.......should have done it to start with.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

What he said, the tornado kit looks for shifted IR.

Basically if you dig up a plant and put it back it'll have been without water for a time so will give off a different IR signature as it's drier and it'll take quite a few days to get back to exactly the same as it's surroundings, with the right kit they can look at a field and tell you exactly which bit has been disturbed recently even if there is no sign at ground level - very very clever stuff.

Saw it applied in Northern Ireland, the software showed a recently dug up and replaced bit of grass in bright pink against the black and white picture.

Lotus Esprit S4 - Work in progress

Porsche 924 Turbo - Parts chaser

Smart Roadster Coupe - Hers

This woman thinks Moat was a 'legend'

siobhan-odowd_1680206c.jpg

Welcome to 21st century Britain! :bounce:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

She looks like Golum with hair!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

She had nothing else to do whilst in her council house, with her fatherless child, smoking 40 a day complaing that there is nothing on the SKY TV paid for by us, and its hard to pay for a holiday on the measly benefits she gets.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Not wanting to sound too much like William Shockley, but the real problem with women like that is that they breed.... And often with the likes of Moat.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein