free hit
counters
2001 Esprit SEC (Cosworth 1 of 7 made?) - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

2001 Esprit SEC (Cosworth 1 of 7 made?)

97-Esprit V8

I have a friend that's looking at taking a few cars in on trade for a new Bentley, one of the cars is a Ferrari 360 and the other is described by the owner as a 2001 Esprit V8 SEC which he claims is a special edition build by cosworth where only 7 were made.

I've never heard about this before, maybe someone on here can shed some light. I personally think its just a standard Esprit V8 since the list of special parts I've heard so far is just standard (AP racing brakes, twin disc clutch...)

Paul

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul,

A quick glance in Lotus Esprit: The Official Story, reveals no mention of such an animal, though that is by no means conclusive.

"At home, I have a King Sized bed. Now, I don't know any Kings, but I would imagine if one were to come over, he would be comfortable." -Mitch Hedberg

I tend to agree with Patrick.

remember that the factory did however do weird and wonderful things at times in developement.

If you were to purchase the vehicle , I would envisage that you pay no more than the going rate of any other V8 Esprit of the same year .

This is not a James Bond film car and therefore should not be sold without the regular Esprit bragging rights.

Richard

Technically sound ...Theoretically poked !

There was never a Cosworth Esprit. Sounds like a V8 SE with some upgrades. The brakes are normal stuff on the 350 and later Esprits and the V8 only had a single plate clutch for about a year after it was launched, it was standard from then on.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

That sounds like they'll drop a cossie lump into an Esprit, most certainly not a factory special edition.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.