free hit
counters
Hoon and show - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Trevsked

Hoon and show

All,

Planning on going for a drive this Sunday the 18th July. An early run out with breakfast stop somewhere and then on to have a look round the Uxbridge Autoshow. Back home about 1.30.to 2.00 is my plan.

Any interest?

1. Trevsked

2. Sparky

Trevor.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I have an urge to laugh at the Clio Boom Box Sound System Wank*rs so I guess you can count me in.

1. Trevsked

2. Sparky

3. Wookie

Opened this thread to add my name, to find the Don has made me an offer I can't refuse.

OK got a pass out :)

1. Trevsked

2. Sparky

3. Wookie

4. internets

I think that it's about time 'somewhere' was defined... unless of course we are all going to meet with ourselves at a secret location and individually hoon from wherever that is......

Gizza clue...... or do I have to visit the dead letter drop again for more clandestine instructions? :)

Large wheels are turning as there could be a visit to 2 shows in the same morning. Looking at a map later to work out a good route but the meeting point will be Beaconsfield service station.

Trevor.

We will meet at 9.00am at beaconsfield services just off the M40. From there I will plan a route to http://www.elvethamheathcarshow.co.uk/ where we can have a look at the other cars and perhaps grab a bite to eat. This show is fairly low key from what I remember 2 years ago but there were some nice cars there so always woth a look. Once satisfied there we can travel back scenic or otherwise to the Uxbridge Autoshow and depending on time can have a look round there if you fancy it. Elvatham is free and I believe Uxbridge is circa £6.00.

Anyone know where Felix is?

Trevor.

I may be around.. this is dependant on where i end up the night before or if infact i am still out... i may well be in no fit state to drive. I will check the thread if i can but if you want to reach me drop me a txt or call me on 07739905040.

cheers

Hi Lads... Just got back from Holidays in Croatia!! Great time, but way to Hot! for me… Even though the Adriatic Sea was nice an cool…

Looks like I made it back just in time for a hoon! Great count me in…

Welcome home Felix we missed you. Sparky said you would definitely be up for this if you were in the country.

Trevor.

Trev I could be OK for the Elvetham Heath show assuming I can find enough time to fit a new rear silencer on Saturday and you are actually going to do the 2 shows in a day. I guess you guys won't be part of the exhibition and will park in the public car park

So

1. Trevsked

2. Sparky

3. Wookie

4. internets

5. Choppa (hopefully)

Edited by Choppa

I maybe busy, we have a family BBQ on sunday PM will have to work on the wife, if you know what I mean. Trev, I have a camera if you are still interested, its a digital Canon 20D, its a very good camera, high spec, its a good one.

let me know if you still are looking and I will send you a photo plus details and price.

May see you all Sunday.

Dave

Chris(Internets) want me to meet you at your you meet me mine tomorrow morning?

1. Trevsked

2. Sparky

3. Wookie

4. internets

5. Choppa (hopefully)

5.fsrowsell

Felix, that London group slang doesn't look good in print, but I'm sure they know what you mean!

I've fitted the new "sports" silencer with no issues apart from the fact that it's bl**dy noisy comapred to the old standard box, so I've gone from a hopeful to a confirmed for the Elvetham Heath Show, but I'll have to dip out on the second leg trip to the Uxbridge Autoshow.

I've got Gary's mobile number, I'll call him when I get there so I can try park next to you guys.

1. Trevsked

2. Sparky

3. Wookie

4. internets

5. Choppa

5.fsrowsell

Edited by Choppa

Hi Choppa, I think that was more Canadian... :bounce: Look forward to seeing you tomorrow...

Internets and I will be leaving my house in Uxbridge around 8:30...

I'll be at Felix's by 08:30........

Some pictures from Elvetham Heath before Sparky et al zoomed of to Uxbridge

The Usual Suspects

DSCF3294.jpg

Mine

DSCF3295_crop.jpg

A rare shot of Sparky standing by a Lotus (his) rather than crawling around underneath one (Internets in the backbround)

DSCF3299.jpg

Trev's trubo

DSCF3298.jpg

SELOC had a good turn out see below , The green Europa (very nice) was owned by a Club Lotus member who was saying that there are 350 cars in the Bucks/Oxon section who were all invited to attend and only 3 turned up.

DSCF3297.jpg

Edited by Choppa

Choppa,

Nice to see you if only briefly.

Great weather for a drive out today being not too hot and not so cold that I had to put the heater on and mist up the windscreen (leaky heater rad). Found some nice roads and not too much traffic considering we covered circa 100 miles (Wookie may know exactly). Two shows and a drive out is now benchmark.

Next meet is Wednesday at the Ace Cafe.

Trevor.

What a brilliant hoon!! Cheers Trevor for leading us on some great roads in the English countryside… The Auto shows were ok, but the 100 miles drive toped the day. The suspension on the Lotus needed a workout….

Cheers everyone.

A great Hoon was had by all in weather conditions which steadily improved all day. It was only marred by the determination of the dedicated Sunday Drivers who had obviously been diligently practicing their art all week and were determined to display the true depths of awfulness they had managed to achieve.

Well done to Trev for providing a very scenic route, keeping the convoy together as well as he did and setting the benchmark for future Hoons.

Distance figures(rounded up/down as appropriate) for those who expressed an interest:-

My total mileage was 131

My joint to Felix’s place 16 (motorway route)

Felix to Beconsfield Services 8

Uxbridge Showground back to my place 12 (A roads)

So most of us hooned 113 miles (Felix, Internets, Sparky & Wookie)

We all hooned 105 miles (as above + Trevsked)

This usual suspects at the service station…..

10071804.jpg

…..attracting quite a bit of interest from the other itinerants, before proceeding to meet Choppa at Elvetham Heath.

10071809.jpg

This has got to be the best straight line we’ve achieved so far this year.

10071803.jpg

Post-fuelling, pre-departure yap-fest in full swing…. I think someone should have a word with Trev about his driving position, or give him the name of a good osteopath!

10071811.jpg

Slightly older versions of my first bike (BSA Bantams) at Elvetham Heath

10071818.jpg

Choppa’s post has covered just about everything that wasn’t dealership, late-model or the usual Japanese stuff, so, on to Uxbridge.

Some of the interesting stuff to be seen at the Middlesex showgrounds....

10071824.jpg

10071822.jpg

10071826.jpg

10071827.jpg

10071829.jpg

10071835.jpg

This lot was getting grubbier by the second as the dust wafted around the show site. Personally, I have enough trouble keeping the outside of my car clean without having to worry about the engine too!

10071836.jpg

10071837.jpg

Yup - great hoon! Thanks for sheepdogging us, Trev. ;)

Shame nobody liked your car though.

Thanks for reminding me I drive a minger according to our comprehensive survey. At each of the stops we asked a cross section of morons whose car they preferred. Marcos at the first stop, Sparky's bespoilered carb turbo at the second, and Internets blue gt3 at the 3rd stop. Even on asking what the runners up would be the white s3 didn't get a look in.

Wookie,

Thanks for the breakdown on the mileage and I have no dea what I was doing in that pic, perhaps a failed Le Mans start.

Trevor.

Sign in to follow this