free hit
counters
Lotus Carlton gearbox required - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus Carlton gearbox required

The mechanic in the unit next to mine is rebuilding a Lotus Carlton at the moment and is in need of a gearbox. Are these are rare as all the other bits for LC's?? does anyone know if there are any around?

thanks in advance

Twitter @radioRedwards

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends what he needs Rick. A complete "new" stock LC gearbox will be like the proverbial rocking horse poo...

But the box is basically a GM ZR1 box from 1989/90 with a different length input shaft and some minor case modifications. If he's got something that he can still work with, then he could probably source the internal parts req'd from America or even somewhere like Claremont Corvette (near Bibs in Kent) - 01634 244444. Alternatively they still come up occasionally being broken for parts - mostly the bits get put on E-bay. If he's not already (and if you're asking for him here I guess he's not!), he really needs to join the Autobahnstormers and look/ask on there - it is THE club for the LC and the guys there know them inside out and where you can get various bits. Another source might be Joe Ellis who runs BTB Exhausts - he races one and tends to have stuff "on the shelf" - though a whole gearbox is a big ask - 01327 261797.

I wish him luck....definitely a car worth saving! I see that my old one (0808G) is back up for sale on PH. A great car for someone!

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• 1 month later...