free hit
counters
Pure Tech Racing - F1 Simulator fun! - Events - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Pure Tech Racing - F1 Simulator fun!

Bibs

http://www.puretechracing.com

Too cool for school! I've booked PTR on Saturday the 21st August from 3pm to 5pm for a TLF Race Experience. The simulators involve you in all aspects of race simulation and are movable on hydraulic jacks giving you up to 1.5G in lateral forces. You even get to wear a race suit! 10 - 30 people although more can be accommodated and they have somewhere to eat/drink afterwards.

Names below :thumbsup:

In the Race Experience Session drivers receive a pre-race briefing from a race instructor before being accompanied to the racing zone. Drivers have a qualifying session of up to 15 minutes followed by a short de-briefing outside the race simulator. There is a short break before the instructor gathers the drivers for the race with drivers allocated grid positions based on their qualifying position. The race lasts up to 15 minutes in the race simulator. After the race the instructor will have a post race debrief with the drivers and present them with their race results and telemetry information. There will be opportunity for the drivers to ask questions and receive feedback on their driving performance and receive tips for improvement. Total session length is around 1.5 hours.

Session Overview

1. Check – In at Centre reception where car and initial grid slot will be automatically allocated, purchase ear phones if required *
  2. Change into Race Suit (hire included in price) and change footwear as necessary **
  3. Meet race instructor and proceed to briefing room
  4. Pre-qualifying briefing with instructions on safety and technique
  5. Proceed with race instructor to allocated race car, fit safety belts and steering wheel
  6. Qualifying session will begin as soon as all drivers are safely in car. All drivers start from the pit lane and the aim will be to secure the fastest lap time.
  7. At end of qualifying the instructor will assist exit from the simulators to the de-briefing zone.
  8. Instructor will confirm qualifying results and starting grid positions for the race.
  9. Short break
  10. Instructor will gather drivers and lead them to the simulators, cars and grid positions allocated according to qualifying positions
  11. Race session – all drivers start on the race grid
  12. At end of race instructor will assist exit from the simulators and lead to the de-briefing zone.
  13. Instructor will hand out printed race results and telemetry and give feedback on session.
  14. Change out of race suits.

1. Bibs

2. Laura

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need a minimum of 10 people confirmed as coming to this by this weekend (when I pay the deposit) or I'm cancelling.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

It seems difficult to get 10 people on here to do pretty much anything at the moment...

I've still not had confirmation of my possible work as yet. The quote went in today, I should know by end of week..

Call it a 'Club Lotus' event, charge a fortune for jack shit, a pile of scrap labeled as a parts fair and I'm sure you'll get lots of people come along.

Your marketing it all wrong, your offering an entertaining afternoon, why would anyone want to come?

Chunky Lover

V festival....hmmmm...

Can't decide which would be better, you need a runner for the day? :)

So, why you miserable lot not putting your names down for anything?

Atleast a few names and excuses as to why attendance is not possible! We should be taking over from Club Lotus as the events to attend, the fun days out, the 'what you fancy doing at the weekend love' 'lets do the the TLF bash....!

I have a massive BBQ and garden party this saturday, everyone was invited, theres 3 members turing up! We'll have an ace time but its a little dissapointing.... We used to be well into the double figures....

Club Lotus provide significantly SHITE events and people turn out in their thousands! They do nothing right, provide little to no entertainment and the stands are the usual crap but everyone pays stupid money to attend.....

GGGGRRRRRRR

Think we sould arrange a MASSIVE TLF festival and those that don't turn up and don't give a valid reason should be shot, stoned in public, or equivalent....!!!

I really hope I can make this, I've missed the TLF buzz since I've had no ££££, but if a load more people don't bother making the effort then theres no point as its going to be cancelled anyways!

Edited by Simon350S

Chunky Lover

Well for me, it is Sarah's birthday weekend and she is my priority for this weekend.

Whilst it would be nice to attend everything, work, family and other commitments also have to prevail. When i do have some free time a terminal illness in the family has to be considered. I had Friday off last week and got to go to a Funeral too for my Uncle god bless his soul.

But besides that, this aint my boat :)

Take my response tongue in cheek, but there seems to be some broad brush observation around non particpation recently and being berated, generally with the forum population, when, I perhaps misguidedly think of myself as a committed ( and fully paid up ) member to the forum is starting to wear a bit thin chaps.

Have a great weekend. I hope the effort put in by Bibs et al is reciprocated and the event is not cancelled.:thumbsup:

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Cancelled.

Lame. Disappointed.

Evora NA

I've been out of action recently, so not had the chance to be online. I didn't see this post until now. This place is literally just around the corner from my house, so I would surely have been up for it. I look forward to you trying again Bibs. Would it compare to the "Silverstone Challenge" I did the other week, though?!

Edited by Andjons

• 2 weeks later...

Simon, his pa, Cliff and I went to this tonight, in secret, without you all. It's awesome, great, brilliant! You get out of the car after 15 minutes drained, it's physically demanding and 100% immersive.

We'll be going again, in secret. Your loss!

Evora NA

Pinjarra, Western Australia, Australia, Southern Hemisphere.

Woulda if I coulda. :(

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

QuantasL0801_468x304.jpg

Evora NA

Bibs, it's not moving! It's going to crash! Plus I couldn't get a seat.... :getmecoat:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.