free hit
counters
Fuel sender - Fuel System/Carbs - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
pezzer

Fuel sender

Hi everyone could someone help with the location of the fuel sender on a 1983 Turbo Guigario?

I dont want to be pulling off parts that do not need to be removed.

Perry

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The sending unit for the fuel gauge is in the top of the right hand side petrol tank.

Edited by lotus4s

1995 S4s

Perry, you haven't said where you live. mine, being a UK left hand drive has the sender in the tank behind the driver. I must admit I thought it was the other side on US cars, but Jim's post would seem to contradict that.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Hi just up the road from you on the Gold Coast, mine is a UK Right hand drive.

I think SJ Sportscars have them in stock.

Regards,

David Walters

Hi just up the road from you on the Gold Coast, mine is a UK Right hand drive.

OK, standing behind the vehicle, your steering wheel should be on the right, confusingly this is known as left hand drive because you drive the vehicle on the left side of the road.

That being said, just take the trim off from around the rear drivers side window, if there are wires and terminals going to the top of the tank, that's the one. :realmad:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

I will sort it tomorrow, by the way anyone searching for reverse switch , I found these on ebay . uk

OK, standing behind the vehicle, your steering wheel should be on the right, confusingly this is known as left hand drive because you drive the vehicle on the left side of the road.

Not in the UK, steering wheel on the right is right hand drive (RHD), on the left is left hand drive (LHD). Nothing to do with what side of the road we're on.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

It's an easy job IF the bolts haven't frozen. When you get to the top of the tank you'll see the sender held in by some nuts and bolts. Just undo and the whole thing lifts out. Disconnect wires and hey presto.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Okay fuel sender out and its catus, where to source a new one?

Thought that iI might pull it apart but I really cannot see the point as it was stuck in the float down position and had to be forcably freed.

SJ Sports cars have served me well in Coffs Harbour.

SJ <click

Edited by Roger the Dodger

Decided to pull it apart anyway sparyed with electrical contact spray and unbelievably its perfect.

A GOOD LOTUS DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the result of your pulling it apart is a moral tale for all mechanics....if it's broke already, trying to fix it cannot make it worse...so it's always worth a crack; sometimes you succeed, and in the worst case you learn something and still have to buy a new one!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein