free hit
counters
Lotus Eleven you got to hear this! - Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Lotus Eleven you got to hear this!

Not sure if this should go here but since the Lotus day at Snetterton when I was following in a Lotus Eleven I cant seem to get them out of my mind!

and if your not sure how pretty they are from the side!

Buddsy :sorcerer:

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I first became aware of the 11 when George Bishop, a well-known journalist in the 70s, bought one and wrote about it in Car magazine. The things that struck me was that it had an A-series engine and the doors hinged at the bottom! I fell in love with its shape, though. Gorgeous-looking cars..

Thanks for posting the videos.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

I'm not sure but I think that would have been a Westfield Repo as I think that had an A series engine, I think the Lotus had either the Coventry Climax or a Ford 1300cc. I think that's right but don't quote me on it!! That said the Westys X1 make more money than my Esprit!

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

love them seeing them on the track at the Le Mans Classic was great roll on Goodwood revival , the Westfield XI is a lovely copy too but I can't get in one I'm to big.

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

I'm not sure but I think that would have been a Westfield Repo as I think that had an A series engine, I think the Lotus had either the Coventry Climax or a Ford 1300cc. I think that's right but don't quote me on it!! That said the Westys X1 make more money than my Esprit!

Buddsy

I could well be wrong about the engine as the article was written before Westfield made Eleven replicas. It definitely was a genuine article.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

here are a couple of good sites

1: Lotus Eleven Registar

link

2: Westfield XI site in the USA , has more detail than Westfield's uk site

link

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein