Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
88 turbo wiring problem - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

88 turbo wiring problem

:lol: Hi guys I need some helpwith a bit of wiring on an 88 turbo, can anyone tell me where these wires go??

I have a sub loom running alon the bottom of my plenum, starting at the front..

green wire goes to water temp

Purple wire ?

Black Wire?

Light yellow wire with brown stripe along it?

Light pink wire with blue strire spiraling it?

White wire with brown stripe?

Brown wire with light blue stripe spiraling it?

Heavy white wire with red stripe?

3 wires into one round plug... 2x black 1x purple

loom goes into main loom with big round plug.

2 wires before plug.. one black, one white??

These wires are paired as listed and go from the rear of the engine compartment along the bottom of the plenum along to the water temp sender at the front of the engine which on mine is a green wire...

Any Help would be greatfully recieved :)

Thanks in anticipation

Mark

P.s. I'll try and get some pics when I'm rounr there later and add them to this topic later tonight..

Mark MacKenzie  Elise S2 135 Sport 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I haven't got a wiring diagram for the earlier cars, pictures might help but more luck from someone who can see the engine tbh.

PS got anymore photos of your car ? Looks really nice.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Purple wire

black wire

to throttle valve

light yellow/brown stripe

to alternator spade

light pink/blue stripe

to black wire on aircon pump (I think the clutch but it's hard to see)

white/brown stripe

brown/light blue stripe

to oil pressure switch (I think. it's hard to see this pairs colours with a lamp)

Heavy white stripe

to starter solenoid

3 wires in to plug (2 black/one purple)

to ignition and relay box behind petrol pressure regulator (if you need to know where they go in there, ask and I'll look)

I don't appear to have a black and a white before the plug. I do have a pair going to an unused plug half way along the plenum but they aren't those colours.

I think I got this right but if you confirm the colours on the wiring diagram, you can be sure. If you don't have a diagram, ask. I'll send one. I'll need an email address

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

- Mario Andretti

Nick,

You are an absolute star!!!!!

Reason I don't know where most of them go is I no longer have or need these bits... Air con in the bin, Dizzy in the bin so all I need is the altenator, oil pressure switch and starter out of all that then...Thanks a million mate you've been a great help!!

Mark

Hi Johnathan

I have loads of pics but for some reason the forum is not letting me post any as it says I've used up all my available space?? very frustraing

send me your e-mail addy and I'll post you a few if you like...

Nick I think the blk and wht wires may go to the header tank for the water level well one of them anyway, is it possible you could check that for me and report back on which.... infact the wht is actually light grey??

Thanks

mark

Check the oil pressure switch colours, they didn't show up well under my lamp, they are not easy to see clearly.

Don't bin those bits. Someone on here might make use of them. Spares are always worth having.

By the way, what are you doing?

- Mario Andretti

I have loads of pics but for some reason the forum is not letting me post any as it says I've used up all my available space??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bummer - take it Bibbo is aware of the prob ?

anything gratefully received at jonathan@espritgt3.com

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Not binned as such.. just not used..

My car was an 88 carb turbo..Hmm

Now it is an 88 inj chargecooled, water injected turbo.

Aircon scrapped to use radiator for the charge cooler and the dizzy is binned for the chargecooler pump.. I have had the whole engine ballanced by Vibration free. the cylinderhead is a fresh race head off an scca car with bigger valves, polished ports and revised cams etc. the piston tops have been alluminium carbide coated to stop heat transfer by Poeton. theinjjectors are Lotus carlton. the Turbo is a hybrid T35. I have also added water injection. The ecu is from DTA as is the wiring loom and whole thing is polished... looks great....

thats a few of the things I've done so far.. not too much to do to complete now..

Mark

Nick I think the blk and wht wires may go to the header tank for the water level well one of them anyway, is it possible you could check that for me and report back on which.... infact the wht is actually light grey??

Thanks

mark

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't have a water level switch, at least not one I can see. I don't appear to have those wires either. My car has an extra expansion tank behind the N/S wheelarch in the boot. Maybe they dropped that switch and wiring when they fitted that.

I just checked the diagrams, the coolant level probe (if fitted) is a slate/white and black pair.

I checked the colours for the oil pressure switch on the diagram. It only shows a brown/white to the switch. I can't find a diagram of the switch to see if it has two connections but the one I saw screwed vertically down in to the block a little way behind the filter. I assume thats the OP switch but I could be wrong. I can't think what else it could be though. I just found it under instrument wiring. It's shown as white /brown and brown/white.

- Mario Andretti