free hit
counters
Lotus T125 - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus T125

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

by the looks of the performance figures this may be about the only car able keep up :rolleyes:

caparo-t1-cop-car-2-big.jpg

Maybe that Caparo T1 is just what it is...

http://lotus-central...125-images.html

As for the name, how about Exit - driving it on the road would be suicidal. ha ha

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exit_International

David

The T125 is not a Caparo T1, rest assured of that! That article is pure speculation and inaccurate.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

The T125 is not a Caparo T1, rest assured of that! That article is pure speculation and inaccurate.

Fair enough - rebadging would have been a bit disappointing.

To add to the speculation, I notice the "T" prefix, which as far as I know has only been used previously for the T127 F1 car ( though a "T" suffix was used for turbo-engined F1 cars?). So perhaps the T125 is positioned as a derivative of the T127. The numerical sequence doesn't really help, but then Lotus type numbers have never been particularly logical!

I think the recent naming policy has been to avoid real words, which are hard to protect with trademarks etc. "Evora" turned out to be the name of a Portuguese town (and athlete?) but that was apparently a coincidence. You said 4 letters. Obviously Elan suggests the wrong sort of car and is a real word. There was a Lotus Etna concept

http://www.lotusespritturbo.com/Lotus_Etna.htm

Maybe Etna would suit the T125?

Cheers

AFAIK Lotus has always had Type (T) numbers for both road and F1 cars. i.e. the S1 and S2 Esprit is a Type79 road car (not to be confused with Type79 F1 car)

(Also neat if you have a Type 108 Olympic bicycle) Since there is no name publicly known yet it's referred to at this stage by the type number , no?

clicky

AFAIK Lotus has always had Type (T) numbers for both road and F1 cars. i.e. the S1 and S2 Esprit is a Type79 road car (not to be confused with Type79 F1 car)

(Also neat if you have a Type 108 Olympic bicycle) Since there is no name publicly known yet it's referred to at this stage by the type number , no?

Yes, I'm almost certainly reading far too much into it but type numbers have generally just been numbers, with some exceptions like the M prefix for concepts (M90, M100, M250) and the T suffix for turbo F1 cars.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_Cars

Using a T prefix as an abbreviation for "type" (presumably) doesn't really seem to have been used before the T127. The Type 124 isn't referred to as "T124" for example.

http://www.grouplotus.com/mediacentre_pressreleases/view/460

All speculation...

Given the US launch and Lotus running a car in the Indy series, maybe a connection there. Teaser picture nothing like the current Indy Car which has a low pointy nose though. So that's pretty useless speculation too...

***** Confidential *******

To : The Lotus Forum

Bibs,

We need some help! Our only job at the moment is to come up with a name by Aug 7th for the new T125 that starts with E.

Last time we had to do this we had a "brainstoming" session down the local. After 25 pints of the local Wolf Ale we came up with Evora.

This time we ended up with hangovers from hell and the phone number of someone called Helga from Reykjavik.

Could you try to trick your members into trying to guess the name of the new car, with any luck they will come up with a good idea we can pinch.

Thanks in advance on behalf of the team

Ok here's your starter for 10

Lotus Egil a male Scandinavian name meaning 'Awe-Inspiring'

Lotus Etoile a French female name meaning 'Star'

Lotus Eris a Greek female name for the 'Goddess of Strife'

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

If it can't be a person, than I can hardly think of a more virile name than the "Erectile" or "Erection" All will bow to its greatness as one passes by unworthy.gif

Then of course there is this name , but it's was already used for a car:

devil.gif

Edited by comem47

Tony - given that it has to be 4 letters starting with E thats pretty good :respect:

If you turn up at a track day you certainly will have an edge over the other competitors!

Alan

Eros?

Echo?

Exel?

IMO they should give up on new E names as they will just end up being naff just for the sake of starting with the letter E.

T125 sounds good enough to me, like a race car chassis, just like the way F1 cars are named and remembered.

:thumbsup:

Flicking through foreign dictionarys trying to find anything starting with E to stick on it is a bit silly when you KNOW you have already milked the best E names.

:)