free hit
counters
Lotus T125 - Page 4 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus T125

So... the trademark registration for "Exos" (CTM 009299223, received yesterday) is "under examination"... :rolleyes:

And lotus-exos.com was purchased recently Clicky

Good work! I looked on the trademarks register earlier but didn't find that.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Now curious about the "Exos Experience by Lotus" moniker. Perhaps something from the FXX playbook with a track program for Jay Leno and the other gazillionaire club members? :detective:

Gee, wonder how they would know what's in the FXX playbook. :rolleyes:

If there's a market for such a car and they can sell em and make a profit then good luck.

i think therein lies the achilles heel...

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

These new boys have a very discerning bunch of friends, they've done their market research.

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

a FXX-alike program could well be planned, since they've registered EXOS for

• Apparatus for locomotion by land, air or water;
  • parts and fittings for all the aforesaid goods;
  • land vehicles and parts and fittings therefor included in Class 12.
  • Transport;
  • packaging and storage of goods;
  • travel arrangement;
  • rental of motor racing cars;
  • arrangement of vehicle rental;
  • arranging of vehicle hire;
  • arranging of racing vehicle hire;
  • booking seats for transportation by motor vehicles;
  • charter of land vehicles;
  • charter of motor racing vehicles;
  • leasing of vehicles; leasing of motor racing vehicles;
  • recovery services for vehicles;
  • services for the garaging of vehicles;
  • storage of parts for motor vehicles;
  • transport of motor vehicles;
  • vehicle contract hire.
  • Education; providing of training; entertainment; on-line entertainment; sporting and cultural activities; lottery services;
  • electronic games services provided by means of the Internet;
  • the provision of on-line electronic publications;
  • organisation and conducting of exhibitions, shows and conferences regarding automobiles, motor racing and vehicle engineering;
  • organising and conducting events relating to automobiles and motor sport; motor racing;
  • advanced driving instruction for drivers of motor cars;
  • entertainment services provided at a motor racing circuit;
  • organising of motor racing events; organisation of competitions relating to motor vehicles;
  • provision of information relating to motor racing; provision of information relating to motor sports;
  • training for automobile competitions; driving training services; driver tuition; vehicle handling instruction; education and instruction regarding vehicles and driving of vehicles; providing information regarding vehicles and the driving and handling of vehicles; filming services, videotaping services;
  • organising and running of a motor racing team; organisation of automobile races;
  • instructional services relating to the maintenance and repair of vehicles;
  • providing an on-line computer game relating to engineering or to vehicles or to parts and fittings of vehicles;
  • providing an on-line entertainment experience to test drive virtual vehicles;
  • the provision of the foregoing services via the internet, a computer database, via telecommunications or via any other communications.

Edited by Tico

A race series must be on the cards?

The ultimate halo car?! The first real product of the Bahar era, certainly a "move upmarket" but a lot more interesting than the 4-door saloon rumours in the press. The arrival of the F1 team was nothing to do with Bahar, as far as I know, but it has played into his hands here. Intrigued to see the details - who designed, where built etc.

Uh I want one! my wallet won't allow it but I do really really want one!!! Dear Santa please help!!!

It looks like a F1 car, it probably has a Cossie F1 V8... So it raise a question! Is it a message sent to Tony Fernandes and Mike Gascoyne?!

Edited by NedaSay

It's a very very niche market and mega expensive too. Clearly the U.S. is the target market. Everything is still sooo shacky when it comes to the economy and realistically the 'feel good' factor will not be back until Obama is out. People are simply not spending on big ticket items of any description. I just question a little Lotus's decision to release such a product at this time. I am sure it will be the dog's pair when it comes down to performance.

I already thought about FXX customers as well. You get some sort F1 car instead of a road legal looking car, which is probably made very user friendly... I think so too the marketing boys will have done their work and such cars tend to be extremely expensive, selling only 2 hands full of them, makes the project already profitable.

Maybe this Exos isn't such a bad idea after all? Time will tell...

Calypso Rose Rules the World!

Makes you wonder what they've got up their sleeves for Paris! :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

The people buying this car will turn round and say things like "recession? what recession".

As in they are going to be so seriously up market wealthy that a couple banks nosediving won't have that much of an impact.

Anybody spending what I imagine to be hundreds of thousands of pounds on a fun track car will be pretty set already.

It's quite a genius move in some respects - as I understand it even with a very strong pound v's dollar making for a very expensive car the 211 sold very well accross the pond.

Theres definately a market there and is probably one of the nearest things to a formula car you'll get.

All the other track specials still look like their road car roots and in some cases terrible hacked up monsters (FXX comes to mind).

this car is simply stunning to look at.

Lotus are the first and only manufacturer to offer such a product, this car is simply amazing!!

The Exos is a 640hp car with unique tub and construction for accommodation similar to the Evora, it can fit drivers from 4'8" to 6'4" and all in between.

The car will be aligned with a totally unique and exclusive lifestyle package that you would only be able to find in the edges of the EXOSphere*.

*The exosphere is the uppermost layer of the atmosphere. In the exosphere, an upward travelling molecule can escape to space if it is moving fast enough to attain escape velocity; otherwise it will be pulled back to the celestial body by gravity. In either case, such a molecule is unlikely to collide with another molecule due to the exosphere's low density.

Evora NA

The Exos is a 640hp car with unique tub and construction for accommodation similar to the Evora eg it can fit drivers from 4'8" to 6'4" and all in between.

Lotus are the first and only manufacturer to offer such a product, it is amazing!!

I know from experience that all Lotus F1 drivers from the past, must have been all dwarfs, :lol: squeezing into these cars ain't easy, most certainly not in the 101.

Calypso Rose Rules the World!

I've got a funny feeling it's not going to make it over a speed bump!

It's not a road car, it's not designed to be and it's won't be. I reckon sub 60 seconds though if it had the chance :D

From the Golden Gate Lotus Group facebook page.

39101_425140003445_303414878445_4736455_3389893_n.jpg

36788_425141688445_303414878445_4736463_3351100_n.jpg

Evora NA

What is lotus trying to sell here?

Is this a track day car or a real f1 car ?

Guy

I'm guessing the engineers and bean counters at Lotus figured out that with modern advancements in mass-producing CF tubs and having the Cossie expertise at developing a "low tech," reliable, high output NA V8, that they could market such a car at a price point in the range, say, between a Murcielago and a Carrera GT (or less? :yes: ), still with the performance to blow away anything on four wheels that you can buy, all along the way collecting a few extra quid/bucks in the way of support/transport/sanctioning, etc., that bloody hell, this may just work. After all, there's only so many late model vintage F1 cars around to fill the need. At least it's got a proper badge and not the green and yellow guitar pick. :ermm:

I can see it:

"EXOS: for the few who can afford the difference!"

:cheers:

It's just the new Lotus tryin to live in the old Lotus shadow......a shame they don't know when to quit and get back to quality control and making a car people will buy and enjoy.......

I don't remember Porsche ever looking for an identity.......rolleyes.gif

I think it's fast enough…maybe

I didn't get in early enough, but I was thinking Edam. Ever, Errr, eCar, Eros. Doesn't really matter over here 'cos I can't see one ever getting to good ol' Oz.

On another note, I just hope it hasn't got the same hydraulics as Jarno's car. :getmecoat:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

I think it's awesome. I think it's incredible.

This isn't the "new Lotus living in the shadow of the old Lotus"; This is a knockout! :thumbsup:

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Wow - 640 bhp.

I do hope lotus are sure they know what they are doing - I mean I think it takes more than cash to be able to drive a car with I'm guessing well over 1000 bhp/ton with full on proper aerodynamics.

Basic radical is not even close but very very hard to get it working well. You have to really know what you're doing and have that confidence that it'll stick.

I've been a passenger in the minardi f1x2 car and that has got similar numbers to the above (give or take) and When Michael Schumacher drove it with a passeneger he still would have qualified for the gp based on 107% lap time and not at the back either...