free hit
counters
Esprit Owners - the next generation - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Esprit Owners - the next generation

gghc87

goes without saying that mine is the "attention hoar" of esprits LOL, and yeah the kids love cars on the estate matey, so a new car comes along and the phones come out.

ive been stopped so many times now by every age/gender i have lost count, from the modders at show etc etc to the man/women in the street and 99.9% its total respect. havent really had a bad experience yet, then again dont tend to drive it in the middle of town at night as that is asking for trouble from the piss head chav's

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only a matter of time before someone has "Proud to be a G-car owner" and possibly a looped ribon in their signature  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dont mind if I do...

haha

Shah

My Beautiful Car http://www.glcforum.com/ukesprit/forums/in...CODE=12&CID=182

ribbon200.gifProud to be a G-car ownerribbon200.gif

pretty soon the g car folk will have to break off and start their own forum :D

G cars and S cars are barely related in fact. The truth is, a G car and an S car can indeed breed and produce offspring, but that offspring won't be able to procreate itself :)

G CAR PRIDE!!! :P

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Dont mind if I do...

haha

Shah

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shah, mega impressed with your loyalty :D

Slade , we could break away, but the Stevens bunch would no longer be able to live vicariously through us :P

They must be reminded, that without our great Giugiaro car, The Stevens would have had nothing to slather modeling clay over to produce his version. :(:)

Lotus20Esprit20007.jpg

Under this hundredweight of modeling clay lies a perfectly good Giugiaro Esprit :P

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

the G cars were an evolutionary stage on the way to an S car sort of a missing link thats not missing....

darwin probaly wrote extensively about it, if you go to the galapagos you can probaly find a G car that has had to adapt to its unique enviroment....

or is that the marine igquana?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

hey I am not slagging anyone or their car, some people like G cars the sane like s cars

Wayne, Renu says you are right re the tree branch, and now she is going to hit me.

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Joking? I don't know about the rest of you, but I actually attempted to mate a G car and an S car the first time I met Paul's car. Which is how I wound up with this!

355spmovit02.jpg

get it. it's a mule. :D

not exactly the desired result...

slade

Edited by slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

W - Car

...Stevie Wonder - innit! :D

Stevie%20Wonder1.jpg

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

giugiaro.jpg

Wassa madda wissa ussa guysa? :P

My dessignna et toute bellaissimo :P

The Stevensa issa loadsa codsawalopsa :(

Theya only doita cossa Lotusa to cheapa ta ussa my tres toute gorgeousa Etna :D

The newa Esprita dessigna bya thata nowbodya Russella Carra :(

Hesa nowa gooda atta tha automobilia dessigna :)

Tha newa carra be knowna assa tha "C" carra for Crappa :(

SUNP0003-1.jpg

That fat fake rubbing strip on the sides of the Stevens cars looks terrible :D

Think Stevens was trying to copy the one on the 928 :P

The thing I like the most about Karls car is he removed it  B)

I don't know, after cutting a 97 Esprit in half, I'm not sure the car would stay together without the "fake" rubbing strip.

How will they hold the two halves of the body together without those? :)

DSC00682.jpg

"Here Travis is wielding the dremel tool cutting away on my fender."

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Travis , the door panel outer shell is one moulding :D

They only did it to avoid having to do some bodywork on about a foot and half of the body on both sides(on the parting line) :P

Well, they could have done the body work to remove the body half seam, and left the feature off the door, but then they'd sill have had a "feature line" from the front and rear bumpers with no way to tie them together. The seam is carried through to give some continuity and break up the wide expanses of fiberglass, that might have shown flaws more obvioulsy..

Look at the ferrari 355 above. It has a seam line running from bumper to bumper, right through the door. How weird would that look with a seam at each bumper, and then a smooth door. It would look like the bumpers were tacked on later like erasers on pencils... Which is how I view the C5 and C6 corvette rear bumpers, and all the Audi A6's in the past 5 years. The fit and flow of the rear bumpers is horrible, and looks like it was glued on with a hot glue gun.

The only things I don't like about the Stevens Esprit is that the front 1/4 windows are too angular and look out of place, and the jut of the front bumper with that little ledge there. :)

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Travis, take a look at Karls Esprits beltline.

That looks terrific IMO and is a great improvement on the stock one <_<

Karl_Sherratt_08.jpg

Huh? It looks exactly the same, except it has no door handles, and many other items of questionable taste... :rolleyes:

The biggest difference is that he continued the eyebrows all the way around the wheel wells. My car doesn't have the eyebrows, since it is an SE, and I think it looks very wide with the V8 wheels, cause the tires are flush with the body.

The Sport 300 actually started the eyebrow thing (even less integrated than the V8) and was there to satisfy european regulations for tire width to fender clearance issues.

A030819_FDV_ESPRITPLAKAT9_N.JPG

The V8 was a little less tacked on...

esprit02_01_1024.jpg

I prefer my SE with the simple line

esprit%20side%20banner.JPG

See how flush the wheels are?

PA160780.sized.jpg

Edited by Vulcan Grey

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Forgot to say that I also don't like the side marker lights and front turn signal lamps on the SE. Too square, too fat, to dumpy 70's looking. I do like the flush markers and signals on the V8. I do like the Stevens Toyota tail lights.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

esprit02_01_1024.jpg

Sounds like fewer of us are joking than initially? :rolleyes:

I also think Karl's altered beltline looks great (and I'm not talking about his picture in the "who are you" thread... sharkmeat, uggh! <_<)

Above V8 shows my only real beef with the (later) S car design (I guess it would be the Thompson restyling?)

That the front bumper dips way below the rest of the car.

slade