free hit
counters
Esprit Owners - the next generation - Page 5 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Esprit Owners - the next generation

gghc87

never really been timed, but on RR it pulled 359bhp/352lb standard

that was b4 the decat/dv/air intake. and she says the de-cat has made loads of difference.

she is after (not yet) a front mount intercooler and turbos turned up. then eventually a single turbo conversion and then your pushing into the 500+ bhp. she knows a bloke that has seen the scary side of 190mph (gps not speedo) on the m6. and thats on a standard box. things are evil.

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like the skyline toua, nothing really amazing standard (well quick of course) but i saw a bloke at donny lotus show and it has 950bhp,,,,err and he was just driving it on the road normally. not stripped out or anything, small not noticable cage. MAD CARS, and like you say bullet proof, would love a gtr r34 v spec, cant afford one though lol

Edited by karluk29

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Yeah the Skyline and the Supra are great cars. Very much over-engineered in a great way. There is a Supra over here that ran 9 second quarter mile without ever opening up the stock block. All stock internals... Very very impressive.

I will try to find the link...

Shah

My Beautiful Car http://www.glcforum.com/ukesprit/forums/in...CODE=12&CID=182

ribbon200.gifProud to be a G-car ownerribbon200.gif

yeah, but sometimes I just think that those cars are just to much Hype.. you know.. example.. for the Skyline.. so many rice racers craves for Skyline.. I dont see whats the big deal.. they are fast and all but I just dont see the big picture.. they are heavy as hell. I like the supra just dropped a few inches.. but not with the big ass bodykits.. I really dont like body kits on cars personally.. just drop the sucker 2-4 inches.. and your car looks nice..!

everytime i play a racing game, there is always a skyline or supra.. but to be honest I just pick another car... to be really honest again.. I prefer the NSX over the Skyline and Supra..

on the other hand.. if you flare out your wheel..like the GT1.. thats tight!

What a thread digression !! :lol: (digressed long ago methinks)

As I say I've always wanted a Jap car to play with and expand simply on an engineering basis - once people get off the 'supercar + herritage' high horse you come to apprecaite how good cars like this are and how much fun they can be.

(only prob is far east styling hehe, very few I like apart from modded supras, the odd RX7/8 and the WRX things).

A Supra I saw at a show once had the single turbo mod (much higher pressure, and cooling to match...his graph showed past 600HP...the daddy of which is this monster :

DSC_0616.jpg

DSC_0789.jpg

Which made a lot of cars look very silly on the hill climb at goodwood last year.

Sprinting is fine but in everyday life it doesn't show a lot for a car's - if you're caught napping in the wrong gear without your turbo, 2 gear changes (one down and one back up) can cost you a lot of time and acceleration.

On the motorways anything over 3 litres and someone with balls can upset an Esprit (ie a lot of rep cars, most of whom are idiots and regularly try and kill people with insane driving manouvers) but where it counts for me is not on the boring motoway but the A & B roads - the amount of times I'm behind fast cars who put their foots down to 'show me' only to slam the brakes on 200 feet later and I'm right up their arse again is quite funny - most applicable example of that was on the last oxford meet when I had the Elise...man you guys are slow :lol:

(curse that bloody dual carriageway)

facebook = [email protected]

This is a pic of one of the BTCC Supras I used to work on before my hair turned grey (1988) :lol:

The straight 6 Toyota lump was tremendously robust and could take a ton of boost from the T4 turbo, Jim Whitehouse the engine builder used on it.

It developed the most power of any engine he had ever had on his dyno, but he only knew it developed more than 750 BHP as that was all the dyno could read too.

It would actually boil the cooling tank dry if hammered at full boost for periods longer than 2 or 3 minuites (cant remember exactly)

The reason the car was never really competitive was again, we couldnt keep it cool (in the car) and would do 2 or 3 blisteringly quick laps till it got hot and took out its head gasket. :lol:

Turning down the boost would make it last, but as it was also quite a heavy car, the Cosworth sierras would piss all over it :lol:

Wonder where she is now? :lol:

ToyotaSupraBTCC.jpg

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

This is a pic of one of the BTCC Supras I used to work on before my hair turned grey (1988) :lol:

...till it got hot and took out its head gasket. :lol:

Nice pic, mine was white (in fact it had blue leather too like the Esprit).

Err, and yes, it popped it's gasket too. really liked it though and cost me

pennies to buy it as no-one wants the old shape anymore, lot of car.

:lol:

How long's a piece of string anyways ?

(sure this has been done before...) Depends on the Elise, depends on the Esprit, depends on the road.

Two totally different concepts, you cannot compare the two really - General rule of thumb although the top spec Elise R (federal Elise) will give any standard Esprit a good run for it's money, it'll always be beaten on top end acceleration and max speed.

Esprit owners don't like to admit it but likewise on the B roads the Elise rules the roost, horsepower and acceleration means nothing if you have to plant the brakes back on within seconds becuase you're going too quick for the road. You always get the funnies like "Sure you can keep up ?" then you get the "oh I didn't realise how quick they were"...

facebook = [email protected]

Nice pic, mine was white (in fact it had blue leather too like the Esprit).

Err, and yes, it popped it's gasket too. really liked it though and cost me

pennies to buy it as no-one wants the old shape anymore, lot of car.

:lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The white car in the background was the first one we built , primarily for a stand at the Racing car show in London (to try and gain additional sponsorship)

The red car was the first to actually test and race. (The white car was later painted red to match the Shell car)

Both started out as brand new fully equipped Supra Turbos (Toyota couldnt supply a body in white) :lol:

Most of the beautiful leather interior ended up in a skip! :lol:

Miss those days! (sometimes) :lol:

SUNP0003-1.jpg

:P Seems a few of us took the supra route before the Esprit one.

Use to own a Mk11

briton0188nn.jpg

but mine was met blue

and a Mk111

supramk36uv.jpg

but mine was a darker metallic red

Fun Cars sweet engines

Edited by gghc87

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein