free hit
counters
catalytic convertor - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

catalytic convertor

my 95 S4S has no cat fitted, yet it passed the MOT the day before I picked it up,the exhaust system fitted has no room for a cat to be fitted so i know no one has just fitted the cat to get it through the MOT and then removed it.

So what I want to know is if its taken to a MOT station and its within the Cat years do they look to see if ones fitted and if not fail it,or do they just do the emissions test and if it passes don't bother to look to see if ones fitted and if they do look and see none fitted still pass it.:shuriken:

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My de-catted Esprit had lower emissions than Laura's 1.2 Corsa, with cat! I know the Corsa is a twinport and all, but the Esprit is very efficient at tickover :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.