free hit
counters
So.. With the Evora SC coming out.. - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

So.. With the Evora SC coming out..

Justin182

Just wondering what the current Evora owners are thinking about the Evora SC which is away to be announced at the Paris Motorshow..?

Do you think Lotus will offer a SC kit for us aftermarket?

Anyone plan on changing? Or taking the SC option if its offered?

I wonder what the Evora SC will be priced at? Thoughts?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I drove my Evora yesterday and for now I don't need more power.

I fear the "SC" will be more difficult to drive in town, and won't be able to show its full capacities on the small winding roads I like. On a track that would be a different story, I guess the SC will be aimed at this kind of use. Less of a daily driver, more of a track eater...

One thing is pretty sure for me, I won't be selling my Evora to buy an SC, If I decide to go for the supercharger, I'll wait for the upgrade kit from Lotus or others.

My dealer told me they were thinking about selling an upgrade kit, whether it comes from Lotus or Komo-Tec. Komo-Tec could provide a few more Hp, but as for the warranty, I don't know...

There's already an aftermarket system available, there's a topic on this forum about it...

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/index.php/topic/35717-new-volumetric-compressor-for-evora-made-in-pb-racing/

I'd imagine that it wouldn't be too long until the SC car is available from new, it's been on the cards for some time and has been part of the product plan along with the drop-top which will eventually hit the market. Paris perhaps?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Justin, I think you should upgrade to the SC car when it comes out and sell me your car! :yes:

Don't put too many miles on 'my' car in the meantime!

Ha! You might be waiting a while. I'm not sure what I'll do. Will look into the SC option, but I'd imagine it'll be big bucks!

I very nearly put a deposit on a new order a couple of weeks ago, but something in me decided to wait until the SC is announced.

...and then a (Ferrari owning) mate convinced me to start looking at Ferraris and Lambos (see thread on SELOC). Not sure that's a good idea, but since when has buying sports cars been a good idea! :lol: