free hit
counters
(For Bibs) Worth spraining your wrist for... - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

(For Bibs) Worth spraining your wrist for...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

What is it ? :sofa:

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

My first lust car as a 10-12 yr kid old building plastic car models. Yes, I also had Ferrari 330P both open and LM versions , but the GT40 was my favorite LeMans car of the period (of course Clark/Lotus in F1). I still think the GT40 would be my favorite today if I won lotto.

Edited by comem47

"It's a yank tank "

Yes and no.

The new one (Ford GT) all Yank. The original (GT40), while representing Ford USA at LeMans had a US V8 with a very British chassis/body built in the UK.

So.............is that or is that not in Sparky's driveway? And if so, why?

A little more "back story" is in order, Sparky.

F'rinstance: that's the first one I've ever seen without racing stripes.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

re:bout the wing being too big. Aesthetically I much prefer ducks ass spoilers to separate wing structures on road cars. (Early Esprit, GT 40, 60s Ferrari's ,etc. ) Sexy -like a a woman's curves. (can't imagine what a female wing structure would look like! ) whistle.gif

A few more details.

Yes it's on Sparky's drive as thats where poorly exotics go for healing. Currently a non runner but we have established there is a spark and the fuel is pumping but the disvovery of emulsifed gunge for fuel seems to be hampering the Rover V8 (Injected). Been standing for close to 3 years and the clutch master cylinder seals have dried up an this needs replacing and not sure where/dhow the fuel got contaminated but assume this to be water. Going to drain the tanks as best we can and refill. Seats need replacing as do the discs/pads and door glass/perspex. These were taken out for replacement and new ones are with the car but need a little trimming which is a job I'm not looking forward to. In general the car is tidy I predict the fuel issue becoming a long term irritant.

Sparky may post up a few more pics later and if he gets his finger out maybe a sound clip.

BTW i owe this find to Felix :cheers:

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Well a couple of hours on the car clearing the fuel system out made no difference and it wouldn't start. I removed the seat to access the fuse panel and Sparky set to work finding a short on one circuit on the same fuse as the injection system. Once he isolated this we were in business and it fired up straight away. Sounded great in the flesh but a little flavour is in this vid. SPARKY ROCKS!!!.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F7xHWH5ITg.

Trevor.

Sparky, as a Q plate is it a kit car?

Looks fantastic.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Sounds lovely, good job Sparkster :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Sparky, as a Q plate is it a kit car?

Looks fantastic.

Kimbers,

It's a Tornado TS40. I was going to get a genuine GT40 but could only find rough ones for £500,000-00 so thought I would buy a rep instead.:).

Trevor.

Have you seen Tornado's new carbon fibre chassis

http://www.tornadosportscars.com/GT40/Monocoquechassis.html

It adds about £12k +vat to the price

Nice car by the way Trevor

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein