free hit
counters
Evora S and Auto specs announced - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora S and Auto specs announced

Myfavedave

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No supercharger - thats a bit of a surprise (at least it is to me). Still if they can get 70 BHP and 50 more torques (at a lower RPM) then why bother with a supercharger.

Of course it does leave room for the supercharged version to add a bit more power >400BHP. Perhaps that engine is being saved as the base engine for the new Esprit?

Alan

The car is DEFINITELY supercharged! :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

The question has been put to the factory this morning and they confirmed 100% that the car is supercharged.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

censored.gif

I'm saying nothing!

Evora NA

Interesting conversation today with somebody who should know, that would indicate I would not be so positive with that statement Justin although will be a little more than just a remap involved but very do-able.:innocent: Lips are sealed for now however :whistle: Same person also confirmed the Supercharger before I got on here to see Bibs comments.

The Lotus press release I downloaded the PDF last night and it does not at any point say no Supercharger and nor does it lie - if you know one is fitted. Deliberately misleading as Justin suggested to garner additional column inches. Clever I suppose.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

According to Autocar it is supercharged and if it is I'll be slightly underwhelmed! Cause I've said before that I wanted the S to be a NA engine! Nothing in that misleading press release says it has a supercharger We need someone to get physical with this car! Visually it's very subtle at the front and a little less at the rear! I really like this 'Carbon' diffuser! I expected something a little more dramatic though!

If it is normally aspirated then We can only guess that the SC or R will be /would be balistic! Something like Super Cosworth!

Now the IPS is interesting too... Obviously it's toyota sourced but again it's Lotus retuned! I'm curious to see how versatile this transmission will get! It's not the seven speed dual clutch they announced in their 'New Dawn..." PR!

Edited by NedaSay

Look at the emissions, the torque increase, the bhp increase and the RPM redline that remains the same. You don't get those figures from mild head N/A tuning but from adding forced induction and lotus are not going to strip and rebuild the toyota lump in a mainstream car.

The supercharger was probably the worst kept secret ever - everybody knew it was going to happen.

If the standard car is supposed to be 4.9 0-60mph, then the S version doesn't seem to be such a big improvement at 4.6 ?

(eg compared with the difference in standard v SC Elise or exige)

Or am I missing something?

construction and property consultants : My company

Al - Care to elaborate?

If the standard car is supposed to be 4.9 0-60mph, then the S version doesn't seem to be such a big improvement at 4.6 ?

(eg compared with the difference in standard v SC Elise or exige)

Or am I missing something?

No amount of power would significantly change the 0-60 times, which IMO is a pretty strange way of mesuring performance. 30-100 I'd imagine would be much quicker.

Plus we all know Lotus performance figures are a bit optimistic!

Interesting conversation today with somebody who should know, that would indicate I would not be so positive with that statement Justin although will be a little more than just a remap involved but very do-able.:innocent: Lips are sealed for now however :whistle: Same person also confirmed the Supercharger before I got on here to see Bibs comments.

The Lotus press release I downloaded the PDF last night and it does not at any point say no Supercharger and nor does it lie - if you know one is fitted. Deliberately misleading as Justin suggested to garner additional column inches. Clever I suppose.

Although most comments address the SC version, (and I guess retro-fits, by implication), I'm more interested in the real world potential of a "Remap Plus" and Al's comment.

Obviously for out and out performance, the SC will be tops .... er, for now! ..... but in fact I share the view of quite a few that with the CR box and sports kit/silencer, the standard car is pretty well fast enough for me. (Certainly the top half of the rev range in 2nd, 3rd and 4th usually makes an impression.) Two points though.

The less important one is that just very occasionally, perhaps a little more push without using the revs would be nice.

More importantly, there is a feeling abroad that however good it is to drive in reality - and that is generally unquestioned by all except the irretrievably antagonistic (what cars might they be owning, I wonder?) - the standard Evora does not offer quite good enough performance figures for the price.

So whereas I would be unlikely to retro-fit an SC because of the significant cost and the fact the actual SC will have other minor frills and suspension refinement, I would be most interested in a £1K 'ish "Re-map Plus" upgrade. If future standard Evora's were to include that - perhaps as part of the "sport" kit - then adding to my car would become irresistible.

Al., I hope your hints will bear fruit!

Edited by mdavies