free hit
counters
Lotus engine - Wanted - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
EliteMike

Lotus engine

Hi All

Just a bit of a feeler, looking for a good engine to fit my Elite that I just bought. If you have one and may wish to sell let me know.

Not satisfied with restoring one Elite, bought another one localy Friday night, best bit although missing engine it has MOT till April, so may in short term drop my current engine and box into it for the time being so can get some usage out of it.

Mike

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Mike, I've got the white S2.2 up for grabs still, would you be interested in the whole thing? if so give me a call on 07511284461

regards Mark

Hi Mark

Thanks for the kind offer but I dare not get another car, allreday have two on drive, if bought another one, would be in dog house for ever and a day.

Perhaps if you think about breaking it, may be interested in lump and box.

Seems a shame if its complete.

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike, slow, I've got the crank back now but have now found that one of the conrod main journals has elongated so I now need to sort out con rods. I think I am going to put the other engine in for now and get some miles on it and rebuild the race engine at my leisure. Looks like you have been busy, are you pleased with your new toy.

Dan

Hi Dan

Well hope all goes well for your engine, is the other one a standard lump, or do I remember you saying it has cossy bits in it?

Yes pleased with the new one, Got insurance for 148.00 for My Wife, Son and myself to drive it, so just waiting to local mobile tuning guy, who I have known since my rallying days, to come next week to get carbs set up, as spitting on no 2 pot so something not quite right, and check timing etc.

Stacks more to do but at least be able to use it for remainder of summer and autumn for bit of fun before winter sets in.

Regards

Mike