free hit
counters
Just drove the Exige...... - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Just drove the Exige......

HOLY CRAPOLA!

The old man's borowed an Exige and. Now at 68 it goes to prove there's life in the old dog still (though I had to pull him out... :blink: as he couldn't get out on his own (still 6'6" tall).

Anyway, took it for a spin and I'll say it again...HOLY CRAP! I thought the Esprit V8 was fast but this was astounding!! Whats more, even tho it's a 4 pot it sounded like an F1 car as I bounced it off the rev limiter at 10,000rpm!! WHAT A SOUND!!!

My hands went clammy and I was sweating it was that good!

took it round the roundabout at 60 and it just stuck!

Several issues I found tho. Revving that high and having done a little racing in my time I found I needed to heel and toe to get a smooth downchange, however the steering wheel is too low for you to get your leg in the right position (and I'm only 6ft). Despite having a radio you couldn't hear it at anything over 40mph so why bother? It had remote central locking and electric windows but (and this is amazing for what is really a track car) the mirrors were fixed and you couldn't move them out. Why bother with the rest, get rid of them and give me mirrors that move. I am still quite young but it took me about 20 secs to get out of it....

BUT overall, I have just found something better than sex and it whistles, screams and finally roars.......and gave me wood!

Here's a pic of little and large....answers on a postcard as to how he gets in and out.... :angry:

post-1044-1143325288.jpg

Edited by Bibs

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't tilt steering or a smaller wheel solve the problem?

U'd think so.....

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I had ingress/egress issues with my RX-7 - they had to make the steering wheel large so you could see the instruments, and at 6'1" it made it a challenge to slip behind the wheel. I found the Lambo method to be helpful, if less than graceful

really like that a lot... the lil details on the scoops particularly make it look a bit nicer than a normal exige.

Lovin it :angry: I'm blessed to be chapman sized so all your complaints would be negated so long as no one messed with my mirrors :P

So should that be Tony Kimberley's entry into the "who are you" thread? :blink: Or did you just hire a bum from off the street to pose in front of the car for you :angry:

slade

Edited by slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Haha - awesome.

Gonna have a play in one next week hopefully at Merrits but probably not to the extent you did (fully aware of my driving ability is no where near the car's performance).

Gotta get myself into the Motor trade to play with these kinda toys more often.

Have fun !!

facebook = [email protected]

really like that a lot... the lil details on the scoops particularly make it look a bit nicer than a normal exige.

Lovin it :angry: I'm blessed to be chapman sized so all your complaints would be negated so long as no one messed with my mirrors :P

So should that be Tony Kimberley's entry into the "who are you" thread? :blink: Or did you just hire a bum from off the street to pose in front of the car for you :angry:

slade

No thats dad, Mike Kimberley, How long have I been on here??? do you EVER listen to a word I say????lol, :P .......I'm a mere 38 and a bit shorter....and I didn't help design the Esprit, Elite blah blah blah......

Haha - awesome.

Gonna have a play in one next week hopefully at Merrits but probably not to the extent you did (fully aware of my driving ability is no where near the car's performance).

Gotta get myself into the Motor trade to play with these kinda toys more often.

Have fun !!

Got told off by dad when I got back as the brakes were still a dull red colour....my brother came out with me...he went white at 130mph and at 80 round a small roundabout he screamed...the big girlie.

Excuse me for my blunder :blink: I've stopped listening since that one time I heard too much :angry:

Your pa looks different than I'm used to seeing in those old pics in all those books. Looks like he's shaped up a bit actually. He work out or what? :angry:

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Excuse me for my blunder :P I've stopped listening since that one time I heard too much :angry:

Your pa looks different than I'm used to seeing in those old pics in all those books. Looks like he's shaped up a bit actually. He work out or what? :angry:

slade

I'll tell him you called him a bum off the street......boy will your car ever be vandalised next time he's in your area...... :blink:

I'll tell him you called him a bum off the street......boy will your car ever be vandalised next time he's in your area...... :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what I get for complimenting another man's figure again! :angry:

slade

That's what I get for complimenting another man's figure again! :blink:

slade

Please post nice comments here as he's round tomorrow (so we can kill ourselves in the Exige in the pouring rain) :angry:

white at 130mph and at 80 round a small roundabout

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Disgraceful behavour......rock on !!! :angry:

Whats it like at top end ? The Elise I have bounces around all over the place, the steering is so precise even and you feel everything, in total contrast to the Esprit which is just going " :blink: what ever....."

I take the Exige is more planted and probably less frightning - wonder what the prices will be 2nd hand in a couple 10 years time, or will we then be driving the next best thing ? Can they really make that chassis do any more tricks ?

facebook = [email protected]

Disgraceful behavour......rock on !!!  :angry:

Whats it like at top end ?  The Elise I have bounces around all over the place, the steering is so precise even and you feel everything, in total contrast to the Esprit which is just going " :blink:  what ever....."

I take the Exige is more planted and probably less frightning - wonder what the prices will be 2nd hand in a couple 10 years time, or will we then be driving the next best thing ?  Can they really make that chassis do any more tricks ?

Yeah, much better than the Elise I drove. Trouble is with no power steering and such precise direct steering a slight twitch and it shoots across both lanes. Got used to it pretty quick though. I am very brave with cars and like to find their limit, but this time I can honestly say my limit came before it's limit did.....have put a request in to borrow it for a track day at Snetterton in MAy....was told something about "when hell freezes over".

SUPERB!!!!

I have to say too - WTF is with the Electric Windows and Stereo?! :angry:

I understand why they 'softened' the Elise for the US market but even then all those things ought to be options! (I think that's probbly what the Europa S is for...)

In the Exige however... What a waste of weight!

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Tony ,I dont think your father MJK looks like a "Bum off the street" :blink:

MJK , Giugiaro and I are all ageing extreemly well. :angry:

We look really distinguished with our trim physiques and grey hair B)

That Slade should be so lucky as to look as good as us when hes our age :P:P

P.S. Whats that Noddy car hes standing infront of? :angry:

Noddy.gif

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg
Please post nice comments here as he's round tomorrow (so we can kill ourselves in the Exige in the pouring rain)  :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm so out of this thread, my mouth's gotten in enough trouble for one day! :angry: I think admiring your father's physique is a very nice comment, so I'll be quitting while I'm ahead :angry:

EDIT: It is quite a comment that I figured him looking young enough to be you!!! The bum thing was a joke that I still direct at you excusively tony :P It seems that whenever I add the ingredients of bums and esprits into my day I always wind up in trouble :P

(runs far away from the thread, never to be seen again!!! :()

slad

Edited by slade

I'm so out of this thread, my mouth's gotten in enough trouble for one day! :angry: I think admiring your father's physique is a very nice comment, so I'll be quitting while I'm ahead :blink:

EDIT: It is quite a comment that I figured him looking young enough to be you!!! The bum thing was a joke that I still direct at you excusively tony :P It seems that whenever I add the ingredients of bums and esprits into my day I always wind up in trouble :P

(runs far away from the thread, never to be seen again!!! :angry:)

slad

Me again.

Ok made a small mistake on the specification as this was a UK spec Exige (190hp) which has better acceleration curve. Getting all excited over a standard car. He's here now and due to complaints about my driving I am officially banned from driving it again. Am considering mugging him for the keys!

He also corrects me that he's 67 and despite not having his hair cut is definately NOT A BUM!!....Slade.....he wants to meet up with you to discuss certain comments and keeps clenching his fists.

Tony,

That's a great looking color mate, can't wait for a test drive myself!

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

being a tall bugger I tried a exige. Very uncool entry and exit but once in lots of room. would love to test drive supercharged version

One day...............................

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Merrits are laying one on for a hoon next week, check this thread :

http://www.glcforum.com/ukesprit/forums/in...?showtopic=3633

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for this

Checking diary as we speak !!!

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

He also corrects me that he's 67 and despite not having his hair cut is definately NOT A BUM!!....Slade.....he wants to meet up with you to discuss certain comments and keeps clenching his fists.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm dead! :angry: This doesn't bode well for me.. :blink: He's probaby going to have his posse of street toughs with him too... :P Giugiaro will be there with the mob, Delorean's cocaine connections, a triad of opium smugglers he met during his business in China...

I might still be on the forum, but I definitely won't be as pretty to look at or have as many limbs. Can't we just all breakdance or something? :angry:

slade

I'm dead!  :angry: This doesn't bode well for me.. :P He's probaby going to have his posse of street toughs with him too... :P Giugiaro will be there with the mob, Delorean's cocaine connections, a triad of opium smugglers he met during his business in China...

I might still be on the forum, but I definitely won't be as pretty to look at or have as many limbs. Can't we just all breakdance or something? :angry:

slade

Suppose you could add another brigade to the bottom of your page...one more won't matter...the MJK Brigade..LOL :blink: