free hit
counters
Just drove the Exige...... - Page 2 - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Just drove the Exige......

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awwww im so jealous....

I want to drive one. Hell, i would even like to drive a regular exige. still havent had that honor unfortunately...

Shah

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think we are getting them this year...

I think we are getting them this year...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We are... I have seen them and played around with the interior bits and what not, just hadnt gotten the chance to take one for a spin...

Shah

My Beautiful Car http://www.glcforum.com/ukesprit/forums/in...CODE=12&CID=182

ribbon200.gifProud to be a G-car ownerribbon200.gif

Slade,

My how we laughed.

Here's my entry into "show us who you are".....Kindly edited by my wife.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

done :lol:

slade

Slade,

I've never actually seen dad go red but now it has happened.... :lol:

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

HOLY CRAPOLA! The old man's borowed an Exige.. Anyway, took it for a spin and I'll say it again...HOLY CRAP! I thought the Esprit V8 was fast but this was astounding!! Whats more, even tho it's a 4 pot it sounded like an F1 car as I bounced it off the rev limiter at 10,000rpm!! WHAT A SOUND!!! My hands went clammy and I was sweating it was that good! took it round the roundabout at 60 and it just stuck!

Surprised at this - :lol: Straightline (240R aside) the Exige's aren't that fast but feel very fast (accentuated by the high rpm). However I could routinely out sprint the Exige boys out of the slow turns on track in my modest M Roadster, tho of course eaten alive through the twisties. @ 10K redline that must be a VVc or VHPD engine, yes.>?

Are the V8s really that heavy that they can't bring they're power advantage to bear..? The really fast Exiges have had Type R transplants long ago - stronger internals - then they go and s'charge them for 400bhp p/tonne - crazy.. more boost please.. :lol:

Handling on another level to the old Esprit, which usually makes them much quicker round track as they're purpose built for the job and easier to hustle down that back lane.. but the bigger car is well set-up for fast track sweepers on the right chassis and aero (ref the old X180R-GT2-GT1 cars). Motorsport Elises usually on another level, with 30K engines, to the softened S2 Exiges (bar the special edition cars of course).

As an ex-racer - keen to hear your thoughts. :lol:

:lol:

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

Surprised at this -  :P Straightline (240R aside) the Exige's aren't that fast but feel very fast (accentuated by the high rpm). However I could routinely out sprint the Exige boys out of the slow turns on track in my modest M Roadster, tho of course eaten alive through the twisties. @ 10K redline that must be a VVc or VHPD engine, yes.>?

Are the V8s really that heavy that they can't bring they're power advantage to bear..? The really fast Exiges have had Type R transplants long ago - stronger internals - then they go and s'charge them for 400bhp p/tonne - crazy.. more boost please.. :lol:

Handling on another level to the old Esprit, which usually makes them much quicker round track as they're purpose built for the job and easier to hustle down that back lane.. but the bigger car is well set-up for fast track sweepers on the right chassis and aero (ref the old X180R-GT2-GT1 cars). Motorsport Elises usually on another level, with 30K engines, to the softened S2 Exiges (bar the special edition cars of course).

As an ex-racer - keen to hear your thoughts. :)

:)

John

This car was something special. Originally I actually posted what the real car was and was quickly censored by a well known member of my family as that model isn't out yet, even in the UK. It's going to be a press car soon so watch out for reports soon.

Believe me when I say it was truely frightning the way it accelerated and I used to race Go Karts alot and can truely liken it's handling to them.

I love the V8's but they aren't a race car unless modified, they're great handlers but just not quite there like the Exige's which over here are made really for track days. Did you know that due to US restrictions on emissions and adjusted aerodynamics to fit the US style bumpers, the Exige just isn't as fast as it is in the UK in standard form?

Forgot to look and see if you were over here or there....

ANyway watch for the reports it'll say something along the lines of Hooowwwlll.