free hit
counters
esprit: reliable? economical? practical? etc. - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

esprit: reliable? economical? practical? etc.

lotusturbochallenge

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey now, easy on the delorean, i used to really like that car, and then i realized it could get passed by a geo metro...

On the plus side, delorean of houston has an upgrade to bring the power from ~130 (U.S. spec) to ~200 hp, which should put it at high 6's 0-60 and mid-high 14's in the 1/4 mile, not too shabby (for a normal car, of course the esprit would smoke it). And, as an added note, the styling as well as some of the chassis design was done by lotus if I'm not mistaken. If only the esprit twin turbo V-8 would fit in a delorean...

I get delorean alot too :lol: then people get pissed off at how the doors open

Arrived at a halloween party as a coke dealer once... members only jacket, cheap ambervision sunglasses, greasy hair, talcum powder sprinkled all over my face and clothes and the Esprit.

I really did misjudge that move as several folks mistook me for an actual coke dealer :lol:

Anyways, the Delorean falls into the Mangusta category for me... a nice cruiser, forget how it drives it's the look B)

I know people have done wierd things to deloreans.

truck.jpg

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Oh but it will....

Enjoy the read...

lcb.jpg

...thats not in an esprit...

Shah

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: yay, now I can get a delorean and it not be injured turtle slow :lol:

also, lol at the doors opening thing, I can just picture it "hey look a delorean!" *driver gets out* "awww, nevermind...hey look a bricklin!..."

And, as an added note, the styling as well as some of the chassis design was done by lotus if I'm not mistaken.

Chassis design, yes - the backbone as pure Lotus and they share suspension design. Styling? Both were styled by Guigario, but he did the D long before the engineering came to Lotus. That he styled both the DMC 12 and the Esprit is more coincidence than anything else.