free hit
counters
Drinking Poll - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Drinking Poll

Kimbers

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So Blair admits to having a stiff one before dinner and several wines during and after. Now, is it me or do these figures look really really low? Are the "healthy limits" of drinking being dropped to further the governments wants and needs? It it excessive, for example to have 2 pints of lager? or 2 glasses of wine (5 units) when the Europeans positively recommend 2 glasses as healthy and in the past it's always been a higher figure!......is this all to do with the intended "price per unit" and getting us brain washed ready for it?

Heres how to work it out and the Blair article

Beer, lager and cider - 2.3 to 3.4 units per pint, small spirit (25ml) - 1 unit, 175ml glass wine at 12% - 2 to 2.5 units

Lower risk drinking - no more than three or four units per day day for men, two to three for women

Increasing risk - more than three to four units per day regularly for men, two to three for women

Higher risk - more than eight units daily (or 50 units per week) regularly for men, six units daily (35 per week) for women

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-11152307

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just interested to see if it's just me and whether it has become a lifestyle for those of us to unwind....didn't mean to make you count Paul....you want me to put you down for too much then? hehe :innocent:

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Kmbers,

You can rest easy as far as I know you have not taken the country to war and killed young men on a pretence of lies, therefore drink as much as you want.

Chris

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Used to be high risk, but only by exception now. Usually when im with you lot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Stopped drinking almost 3 years ago, because it was becoming a problem.

But that's the measure, the individual.

However, having demonised smoking, which generally doesn't cause traffic accidents, violence, unsocial behaviour, I feel we are missing something.

Don't get up me, I have no issues with those who drink and remain socially responsible.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Really interesting to see that there are more "not alots" than I thought. All my friends and majority of my family use drinking to de stress and according to the anti freedom propaganda 4 measures is too much for a man and 3 a woman....thats 28 measures a week. Like Simon I have been off alcohol from Monday to Thursday because of my diet, but Fri-sat I more than drink 28. For you non Brits, there are 33 measures in a bottle of spirits 16 in a bottle of wine.

Crikey.

Why don't I have permission to vote on the poll ? I am signed in!

Because you've already voted Dodgy, even if it's a null vote.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Just prised self off mattress...1230; gentleman's hours....or drunkards hours, more like!! Did over half a bottle of Bacardi in Cuba Libres yesterday, plus wine and single malt as a sundowner....phew...dined on cold chicken and rosti and pickle...far too nice a day to work; the way the clouds were I was anticipating today being Very Soggy. Which it manifestly isn't; I have the aircon running and it's a beaut day!! Oh well. I had been anticipating the Prom last night with great relish...Canteloub's Songs of the Auvergne and Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition. What a let down!!! Strictly "B" team stuff....all the songs were the one's one had never heard of - apart from one - and the "Pictures" weren't the Ravel orchestrations we all know and love but the ones that Henry Wood did...I guess they only got played at the Proms because he was behind the Promenade Concerts to start with!! Probably started them because nobody else would play his arrangements....Bugger. And the rest of the programme was tat by some Argentinian called Matalon..and some serviceable Rameau. A great let down!! Especially when one had arranged the big screen and the HiFi and got the single malt to hand all ready to wallow in some great music.....the Proms ALWAYS do this to me, you expect something and it never quite materialises. So I gave up, and watched something else....but don't ask me what, as the alcohol was kicking in nicely by then!!

I'm hoping to return to the Land of the Living sometime this afternoon....feel better already!

Having said all that.....I generally only take a glass of wine a day, if that. One of the triumphs of the Great Designer in the Sky was that he made male livers self repairing...a bit of abstinence and damage is reversed! Not so for the distaff side....

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Not my rum anyway....

bat3.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I only really drink a couple of beers on a friday or saturday night, perhaps the occasional pint of ale on an evening (perhaps 4 a month), I drank a lot more when at uni etc, now its purely a social thing, often now i'm driving so don't have anything to drink. Also although i've never been one to feel the peer pressure, its now much much more socially acceptable to go out for drinks and either a) just have soft drinks or b) just have a couple.

I don't feel i need to drink, and personally i enjoy the taste of a couple of beers / ales, not getting drunk,

perhaps i'm odd...

:)

I'm one of those that can go litterally weeks with no alchol, (mainly cos of the job) then go out for a 15 Pinter Poker night. So I guess I'm very much in the binge camp.

Digressing - I must look like a drinker though. I pulled in to a hand car wash two days ago and sat in the car whilst 4 Pollish chaps made it look very shiney. One of them open my drivers door and said whilst looking around "ppsstt, do you wanna buy some wine?" (like you always do in a car wash lol)

15 bottles for £30 :)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I don't need a drink to unwind as I don't get wound up in the first place.

I enjoy a glass of wine or 2 most evenings and probably a little more than I should at the weekends, but never to excess.

Every 2 years I have seagoing medicals. They don't like drunk Captains on the Bridge of ships for some strange reason. Possibly something to do with Exon Valdez. Can't imagine why. sofa.gifstuart.gif

21 units a week is considered average in our industry. Now all offshore vessels (as opposed to anything considered normal shipping) are dry thankfully. So the good thing for my liver is we only drink 6 months a year on a 4 week on 4 week off cycle. The actual Doc's do ask us our weekly intake at home and divide by 2. I kid you not. So on average we are not pi$$ heads!! Bit like put your head in an oven and feet in a fridge but on average you are feeling a fine temp. Total bollo(ks.pirate.gif

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

I'm a bit disappointed that almost half of those who have voted to date don't care what the safe or healthy amount is. That's a bit like smokers saying they don't care about the medical evidence of what smoking odes to your body, they are going to carry on or people in a car ignoring the evidence and not strapping their kids in properly.

Too may folks in Britain go out with the intention of getting smashed and feel they can't have a good time if they are sober. That's a drinking problem.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Too may folks in Britain go out with the intention of getting smashed and feel they can't have a good time if they are sober. That's a drinking problem.

No the drinking problem is caused by the lack of law enforcement, i.e venus that have constant problems with serving people who are obviously drunk should have the licence revoked, that would soon stop "binge" drinking. As it is it's easier for the govt to raise the price and raise more money and not tackle the issue.

Personally I don't drink a lot, odd glass of wine or maybe a beer when out.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"