Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S4 leaking front shock absorber! - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

S4 leaking front shock absorber!

As title, looks like I need to replace front shocks, anyone reccomend make/type to use for normal road use ??????????

Dont worry,be happy.............

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who has tried the new Lotus suspension on a track? Is it ok for tracking or is it too soft? I can't fint any good info. about this? Do you have any experience with this Bibs?

I was one of the first to have the fronts+backs fitted outside the testing cars, mines been on nearly 4 years now.

It's not developed for track use, only as a replacement / upgrade for road use - the Esprit isn't a track car par say (doesn't stop it from being excellent on the track).

I'd call it a fast road setting, it'll take the bumps but also allow the car to take agressive corners, sure others will disagree.

Mine on track, even though I never drive it...

432725650_5d8f104812.jpg

Felt like driving on silk, very smooth and precise - then again it is a GT3 :lol:

Edited by Jonathan

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Driving any road car on a track is like driving on a billiard table, but in a race car the same track will vibrate your eyes out of their sockets !

If on the road, the ride doesn't dislocate your spine, it's probably too soft for the track. With adjustable ARBs and shocks you can compromise, but it will be a compromise.

If it's essentially a road car like the Esprit then that's what it is, a road car.

A track day car like the 2 Eleven is a track day car that really is not suitable for every day use.

I have to say I like the idea of adjustments because most cars naturally understeer and I don't like understeer, so I tune it out.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Thanx. for the ideas but all I really need is 2 front shocks!! already have new springs and adjustable rears, looks like the fronts are originals and I like the the way the car is set up now...........but always room to improve!!

Thanx. for the ideas but all I really need is 2 front shocks!! already have new springs and adjustable rears, looks like the fronts are originals and I like the the way the car is set up now...........but always room to improve!!

If you already have adjustables on the rear, then I would recommend adjustables on the front. If your happy with the springs don't change them.

I'd go first for whatever you have on the back, if they are not available, the critical measurement is the lower eyelet to the spring seat as that is what defines the ride hight.

I have had good success with Protech, though their technical support is near non existence, but there are many to choose from. If I were stinking rich I'd look at a set from Penske.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Roger, I have had big problems with Protec shocks failing and poor fit on my Elan+2 so will not even consider as an option, looking more and more like Bibs has the answer..........

As have a number of others, none the less they are working well for me and I am not alone. It's a great pity the technical support is so poor because as a product they're good. In fact I'd go further and say from a technical stance they ate exemplary, and represent excellent value for money.

But you don't have to fit them there are plenty of alternatives. I do have an opinion as to why people have had problems with them, but I'm not sure you want to hear it.