free hit
counters
SCISSOR CAR LIFT - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

SCISSOR CAR LIFT

esp88

Now My garage project is completed and I wounder, does any one has scissor lift ?

How good is it ?

I'm thinking buy one but before that I would like to hear your opinion good/bad

Yasuo :gathering:

post-386-071732300 1285180779.jpg

post-386-068883700 1285180797.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nothing really that bad against them. Only cost and some leccy ones need a three phase power supply.

And damn heavy.

Personally I'd prefer something like http://www.levo-artis.com/

Generally cheaper and less stress to raise the car. Pack up out of the way easy enough and if you need to work on the wheels you get cross beams in.

I use these drive on ramps which take advantage of a retaining wall which is just 1m high. The steel structure is made from 8mm thick box and large angle sections, with two x 1 tonne loading ramps sat in the supporting angle iron. The footings go down into the ground 1m and the whole lot bolts together and can be removed when "the missus gets sick of looking at them."

These are rock solid, the wifes 4WD goes on there no problem and theyt make general servicing so much easier. The height is perfect for sitting / kneeling under the car and I have two heavy duty cross members for holding a Trolly Jack and Axle stands that spans the two sides. Of course the weather is better here so working outdors isn't often a problem.

post-5938-008950200 1285217359.jpg

post-5938-015865200 1285217515.jpg

Edited by stevem

Too many Toys are never enough !

Yasuo, how mucho are these? Buy from Denmark?

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

Hi Jimmy

How are you ?

Yesterday I was visted showroom and they has one demo for sale and it's cost 7800DKK + tax, (nornal 9800DKK) deliverly cost total 11000DKK (ca. 1400EUR)Her is the link =>

http://www.jemaautolifte.dk

Edited by esp88

I am fine. Thanks for the info Yasuo.

For same price ~1000 Euros + shipping, you can get a four-post lift (like MPx's) from a Dutch distributor.

Edited by jimmybondi

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

Thanks Jimmy

Well, VAT is 25% her and I was looking 2 post lift but

need a much more space !

My garage has only 8 meter x 3 meter and 2,3mter high. ( I can't buld bigger garge becuase it can Not approve)

Allt 2 or 4 post lift need min. 2.8 meter high

Yasuo

Buddy

I was thinking before such a pit but when you make hole/pit in garage you need a drain with filer etc... ENV. . reguration.... it will cost fortune her in Denmark !

The 4 post lift is also nice but too close to nabo and not allow over 2.5mter hight .....

My garage has only 8 meter x 3 meter and 2,3mter high. ( I can't buld bigger garge becuase it can Not approve)

Allt 2 or 4 post lift need min. 2.8 meter high

May not be what you want anyway Yasuo, but the posts of the Intern BV 208 4 post lift are only 2.15 std and can be made to whatever height you want. One of the guys in the group buy I was part of in 2008 had one made under 2m high. I think Fred charges about £50 more for a custom size. Obviously with the car on you're not going to be able to lift it much more than a meter given your ceiling height. You can contact Fred through the InternBV.nl website - they have 2 post and scissor lifts on there too.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Thanks Mike

I think there are so many diff kind/size and prices. It's not easy to chose correct one but my garage hight/floor size are limited, so I think scissor lift is much practical.

Graham! (GKP) where did you get the lift from???

ramp021.jpg

by the way, Nice garage Yasuo :animier:

Edited by Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Dave, I got it in Canada.

:hrhr: Actually, it might have been from a bloke in Poole via Ebay.:D There's plenty to choose from these days, pretty much all of them are 240v and start at around a 2 tonnes limit with costs increasing the more weight they can lift.

You would not believe how much esier it is to do any job with the car lifted securely to a good height. And not just engine or suspension jobs, scrumming around under the dashboard usually involves the infamous Lotus Position - nowadays I can do stuff like that standing up next to the car.

No more wobbly trolley jacks and inconveniently placed axle stands for me!

RE: Pits: When I was still going to college my father decided to build a home he could retire in close to Cape Cod in MA. I told him if he built a pit in the garage I'd take car of servicing his car (and mine of course! ) :-) It was a walk-in arrangement from the main house basement and had plenty of room to wheel about a toolbox while standing up. There was a recess lip that would have located a few cover plates to cover the hole. Sad thing was it turns out in many cases pits are outlawed by local zoning laws. (unlike a business garage, the fireman running into your house have no idea that one might be there and they can break their necks on the way to putting things out) It was painful to watch them fill in the hole and pour cement over it. What gets me is why the builder had no idea that this might violate code and allowed it to get that far. Another sad thing is my father lost his job shortly before the home was competed and he had to sell it to limit his losses . He made out OK though, but that dream was never realized.. dizzy.gif Another thing is that a pit may be good for serving most things but it wouldn't do well for engine removal.

Edited by comem47

Yasuo,

I purchased a scissors lift a bit over a year ago after Dave Freeman had started a thread on variety of lifts available. I have a four car garage with limited ceiling height. So I decided that I wanted a scissors lift that I could roll outdoors when I needed to have the extra height.

My findings after using it for a numerous variety of vehicles are such.

No issues lifting the heaviest of my vehicles, a 6000lbs Chevrolet Avalanche truck. Easy to move the unit in and out of my garage. I leave it in the bay that the Lotus stays parked in. In order to clear the lift I built two wooden ramps with 2"x10" boards double thickness to drive upon to clear the lift and it sits permanently under the motorcar. I have handles on the one end and caster wheels that allow me to easily pull them out of the garages when needed. When in the garage with the automatic garage door open and door open I can, thanks in part to the Esprit's height, lift the car to maximum height without hitting the door or roof trusses. With my mid engine motorcars it is fabulous. But for the mid prop shaft of the all wheel drive and on my trucks access is slightly limited because of the design of the scissors lift.

Graham is so spot on about the ability of moving the car up and down. Makes service and repairs easier and quicker. Also a much better feeling being under the car comfortably and knowing lot more secure than jack stands.

As you can see from the photograph with my Land Rover outside ( on travel and have photographs of Lotus and other motorcars on it on my main computer but had this one on my netbook ) I have to place thin metal plates down on the tarmac asphalt so that the weight and the wheels of the lift do not sink into the driveway.

The unit is heavy but easy to manoeuvre around. My unit operates on 110VAC and I found that lubricating with motorcycle chain wax works wonders on the lift mechanism.

I had looked at the portable 2 post lifts but you still needed to place in anchors. Ramps did not give me the advantage that Graham speaks about.

post-4361-017480700 1285521910.jpg

Thanks Christopher :D

The picture with landrover showed very nice and I decided order scissor lift and I hope I't will arrived with in few days.

I will take some pcitures when it's arrived.