free hit
counters
G-Esprit vs S-Esprit - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

G-Esprit vs S-Esprit

Which one is BETTER!  

102 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst the G cars are the pure unadulterated line and look fantastic IMO the Stevens cars have weathered better over time. The G cars sharp wedge styling does shout 70s. I speak not as an Esprit owner but the next best thing an Excel SE. It has a great front end but they seem to have run out of money when they got to designing behind the doors towards the back end. At least they finished the job on both esprit designs. Now how many more years before the kids leave home and I can swap!! :lol:

Toua,

Im not one to sit on the fence but....

where is the option for

I love them both for what they each represent.

Personally, Im not machanical enough to own a G and my wallet aint big enough to own a V8 :lol: .

Like first girl friends, who at the time you thought were amazing, you evently move on, you try out other things and realise there are other things you like that your first never had and thats what you go for in the end. Some people however marry their first love.

But you never forget your first... :lol:

Edited by CarlC

This thread is nothing but a recipe for disaster! :lol:

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Alright so I like the G car style more :lol: But it depends what G car. S1s and turbos are my favorite :D I used to dislike the way S2s and S3s look, but Shah's and Troy's cars respectively have shown me that even they can look good too :lol:

Early S cars up to early S4 or so I'm fine with... not as good as a G car of course :D but once they started up with the later more curvy S4s/V8 bumpers that droop down too much and the round taillights I start losing a bit of interest... Still beautiful cars though! :) Just a bit JELLO :P

jello_pudding.jpg

slade

Edited by slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Is there a point to this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Only to those with unreceptive minds !

ALL Esprits are wonderful , some are better / different /easier /less tiring to drive than others .

Love them all !

Mike :lol::lol::D

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

I agree with Kato, what's the point to your thread?

I like the looks of the G shape better but after driving a few of them Iam dissapointed. I have come to the conclusion that as the car get newer, it's feels better put together and handles better. That's just my opinion.

That's why I have gone from 1990 turbo, to 96 S4s and now a 2000 V8.

I don't really see the point to this thread, why do you put these pointless threads up? At least this one has Esprit in the title!

Is there a point to this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Owned both. Love them all. One of each please. Plus all other variants.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

G for Giugiaro, G for Gumby......I'm the one with the knotted handkerchief; must be trying to remember something.....wonder what it was?

Always liked Giugiaro designs, still rate the Alfa GTV from the 1960's as one of the best looking cars ever - and what fun to drive, inside front wheel dangling in the air as you perform a four-wheel drift around the Hanger Lane Gyratory System. Them were the days! Somehow the Stevens shape doesn't cut it with me. Sure the G-car is a child of the seventies, but every time I look at it, it still produces a frisson of emotion. And now I've rebuilt every bit of the beast, it's mine,I tell you, MINE! MINE!!! MINE!!!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

In the end, I think before it's all over the S car styling won't keep me from buying an S4s/X180R :lol: One of each is a nice strategy...

I think with the exception of the Gallardo (which was G man's son wasn't it?) and the Brera, Giugiaro's designs have all been hit or miss since the Esprit... about the time he started making "tall" cars, and styling forgettable Korean things. Everything up to the Esprit... wow. the Mangusta and Ghibli especially B)

Then again I'm not a fan of Steven's work with Rover (or even McLaren) at all. Or the M100 styling much...

I think the S car was definitely right for the time, and it's ingrained to the models that possess it. I don't want to be biting my tongue later when I add an S car to my G car stable and you'll all be calling me a hypocrite :lol:

I'll have the G car til I die. I'll live in it if that's what it takes.

slade

Edited by slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

I like the looks of the G shape better but after driving a few of them Iam dissapointed. I have come to the conclusion that as the car get newer, it's feels better put together and handles better. That's just my opinion.

I don't really see the point to this thread, why do you put these pointless threads up? At least this one has Esprit in the title!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This has been discussed over and over again - I am tired of this! :lol:

Toua, finish school, learn to drive, buy yourself an Esprit and we can talk further... :lol:

Period!

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

HE HE HE, this is funny

and where is the creative esprit shape section EH, for ppl like:-

myself

mike

mellow yellow

r3

NOW THAT A SECTION

but if you want to stay on this, doesnt s & g mean:-

S = STYLE

G = GAY

bahahhahahaha

(p.s. robin owns a G car,,,,do i really need to say anything more :lol: )

Edited by karluk29

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think its because some of us on the forum are humourous, social types with who like to talk about things other than freescan, V8 liner problems, and grades of brake pad material.

You know Dave, its the type of banter we would engage in if we all went down the pub together. :P

Looks like the Giugiaros are winning B)

SUNP0003-1.jpg

I personally don't own an Esprit yet either, but I have been torn between the G and S cars since I first seen an S car...

But when the chips are down I am planning on a G car, why because the sharp lines just seem to be screaming at me.... buy me... :P

If all goes well, the guy that I have been talking to about his '84 will get it out of the heated garage soon and take some interior pics and some engine picks so I can plan a 10+ hour drive to go look at it/buy it if all goes well.

I was looking at an S car, but I just started a new business and would rather be driving any Esprit than to be wishing I had.

Plus isn't the G car styling come back? look at any modern car, they are al going retro, why not have the original.

Joey

Spencer WV

Found my Esprit, but due to family issues, money went to other things :(

I guess I just have to wait for a while.

Joey, what happens with car styling is the public become used to the styling of a given car in 3 to 5 years (no-matter how ground breaking or attractive it originally was)

Face lifts are the cheapest way of keeping fickle Mr.Joe public interested in a car. :(

However, esthetically they are rarely an improvement on the original design :(

As the car ages and they become rarer (and less seen) the original design freshness re-surfaces till after about 20 years, the interest is re-kindled or starts in a new generation of car enthusiasts.

Hard to imagine, but Etype Jags, Miuras, Mistrals and Esprits have gone through this phase. :(

The Giugiaros have passed through it :P

The Stevens are entering it :(

SUNP0003-1.jpg

I think its because some of us on the forum are humourous, social types with who like to talk about things other than freescan, V8 liner problems, and grades of brake pad material.

You know Dave, its the type of banter we would engage in if we all went down the pub together. :(

Looks like the Giugiaros are winning B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My point exactly..I have no clue to fixing Esprits or anything like that! All I know is that I love them for their wicked looks and awesome handling (word of mouth not experience) .. for buying one.. kind low on cash right now! :P