free hit
counters
Liverpool Victoria just refuse me insurance! - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Liverpool Victoria just refuse me insurance!

On the basis of having the Nikasil Pistons and Liners!

I explained clearly that they don't change engine capacity or performance.

"if I had bought a 10 year newer car, they would be fitted as standard... My engine blew up and I had to have it rebuilt - it is simply that Lotus dont sell 25 year old rubbish pistons that collapse any more"

"Im sorry - but you have had the work done and it would be classified as a modification under our criteria!"

What a bunch of twunts :P

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the basis of having the Nikasil Pistons and Liners!

I explained clearly that they don't change engine capacity or performance.

"if I had bought a 10 year newer car, they would be fitted as standard... My engine blew up and I had to have it rebuilt - it is simply that Lotus dont sell 25 year old rubbish pistons that collapse any more"

"Im sorry - but you have had the work done and it would be classified as a modification under our criteria!"

What a bunch of twunts :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Insurance companies get more rediculous by the day. I suppose next, that if you use 99 ron petrol instead of 95, that will be deemed performance enhancing. So sorry sir, no insurance or that will be an extra

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

I struggled to get my Golf gti insured recently beacuse was modded. Only rear discs (far superior stopping to standard!) and lowered a smidge on bespoke suspension - again better handling.

So no quicker than standard but more chance of stopping and staying on the road and no one would touch it! But then, I guess I am only 34 with 2.2 children, with full no claims so I guess I'm too much of a risk!

MK1 Volkswagen Golf Owners Club Well, had to get this one in if anyones interested?!

Silly question - why did you declare this ? :P

I mean if someone bought the car off of you tomorrow and decided to get it insured I wouldn't have a bloody clue they were in there, unless you want to do a nut and bolt inspection neither will the insurance company.

facebook = [email protected]

Like most of us , Robin is an honest guy and has nothing to hide.

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Me too...

Fully comprehensive classic insurance, super low excess for only 5 grand a year.

5k's in South African Rands - so about $700. Okay, so you have limited mileage, I've only done 1000km's this year, and only specified club members and mechanics can drive the car.

Amazed that my little spot on the bottom of the globe offers these types of services and the 'civilized' world doesn't... Had a look at the fine print and the underwriters are a London based company !?!

we have classic policeis in the UK, I have one for my s4 about

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

robin has also admitted he is daft and should "THINK" before engaing truth telling mouth LOLOLOL

they will NEVER EVER EVER know what has been done

i only declared everything as i got a good deal and i have a special policy that actually makes the car out to be a kit car LOLOLOL, as its modded so much, but has a guranteed figure on payout

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

I like to be staright up with my insurers but the moment I started telling them I thought "I shouldnt be saying this"

I already have a stoopid classic policy and can't live with 6k miles a year thats NOTHING

I did that this year and didn't even have the car in my possession for 6 months PLUS it was winter PLUS I want to go to Le Mans this summer.

6k will last me about 5 months!

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

the elan is the best, its under the cover on the dashboard LOL, on and off in under 10secs,,,,not that i would bahahahaha

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Just asked classic car insurance for my car and it would cost 2000euros/year :P

Didn't take it...

Just checked I pay 600euros/year at the moment.

Edited by Jussi

Check my blog and leave comments/suggestions Jussi's photography blog

See you in G+ Jussi Alanko in Google+

Maybe it's who you talk to when you ring. I renewed mine with ClassicLine and said to them "I'd better tell you about the mods ; filters, sports cats, no rear box - straight pipes and dump valves" and the chap said "That makes no difference at all" within about 5 seconds.

I've heard Autotorque are very good with mods, if you can get them to ring you back that is !

Right then, said Fred.

Simon... THat's VERY good!

I just got my renewal through from Footman James and it has gone DOWN by