free hit
counters
LEAKED : Paris 2010 : Lotus new Esprit, Elan, Elite & Elise - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

LEAKED : Paris 2010 : Lotus new Esprit, Elan, Elite & Elise

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Elan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcnw05biUuE Elite Elise Esprit Eteme New Elan New Elise New Esprit New Elite

These are awesome looking cars !!!!!!! Definitely carrying on the tradition. WOULD LOVE TO DRIVE THEM !

When I was a teenager, back in the seventies, I really aspired to all things Lotus, especially the Esprit of course. I would imagine that most of the current teenagers will now do the same again -

Posted Images

More details :

- Esprit: 2+0, V8 5.0, 600ch ++, £100000, (versions base et R, coupé et cab), benchmark: 458

- Elan: 2+0/2, V6 3.5, 440ch, £70000, (versions base et R, coupé et cab), benchmark: 911 turbo

- Elite: 2+2, V8 5.0, 600ch++, coupé-cabriolet (versions base et R), £135000: benchmark: DB9

- Eterne: panamerapide-like, motorisations de l'Elite

- Elise: 4 cylindre 2.0, 350ch (:D), (versions base et R, coupé et cab), benchmark: Boxster, Cayman, TT

FUNK ME!!!! Woahh!! That new Eprot looks awesom but I also like the look of the Elan (Lambo looks maybe) but also the Etna looks a nice design...I think all the cars have a common looking design running through them so can see the idea of reworking the elise too!!!

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

OMFG!#@[email protected]$##%$#^&*

must sell everything i own right now! (edit: except my current esprit, thats not going ANYWHERE)

i cant decide on what one i like the best.. they are all too awesome!

allthough i feel like the majority of them are going to get the inevitible "is that a gallardo?" question WAY too often...

shade

Edited by shadeone

Want to see more pics/ angles.

Yep, More than surprised with all of those goodies

(trying to imagine what 'road presence' they will have from those few pics)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

:wub: Clucking bell! They look waaay better than the flat looking preview shots, and they havew got rid of the old Elise look after all :animier: . Love them, is it really possible for them to make 5 new models production ready, or are they taking a straw poll which one goes down the best? Can't decide myself. All of a sudden my Esprit looks very old fashioned.

I'm almost too excited to sleep. Must be getting old as I like the big cars better.

Who/What/Where is an "Eteme" though?

Edited by LooseCannon

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

I'd have the Elan based on these pics, will also make a stunning convertible - where do I sign!

Edited by fmxa
Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

What did Jeremy Clarkson say about "beauty" and "giving a pen to an Italian"? He's right. Hurray for the Italians invasion of Hethel!

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

New Esprit could be a lot worse. Not a ugly car but no Giugiaro either.

Would have being better if it was a more clean design.

Overall all the cars don't look to bad.

On the Elise shame on them, that concept can't be build in the light weight

spirit of the original Elise. I still stick to the sniff-petrol article.

VAN DER LEE Turbo Systems     -      www.vdlee.com

More details of engine specs have been posted elsewhere - but they are hard to believe, just the supposed emission figures for a start.

Also UK dealers to be cut to just three according to a BBC news item!

I'm as impressed as anyone, but the whole thing seems aspirational rather than actual to me, even given the five years spread launch programme. Great PR though.

(And I'm just a little concerned about the forward plan for the Evora! )

You have got to be kidding me..........

:no

Off to go and hug my Esprit.

Take it the Evora is dead then, doesnt match the other carbon copies.

The Evora isn't dead but most likley will become the Elan with new bodyshell and engine with much more power (both are a 2+2 so same car differnet dress, all these cars will be using the VVa chassis so are all based on what should have been the Esprit and now the Evora,

Personally gonna be keeping my Esprit Sport 300 but am seriously looking at the new Esprit (although is a little bit 458 in shape, thik I preferred the other designs) and the McLaren MP4-12C, also keeping the 340R as with the weight increase will will never see the likes of it again, even the 2-11 without windowscreen still weighs more and less of a road car.

Still will be tuning into the webcast. bring it on and hope for the future, although the engines seem a little hopeful for just NA

If you pause the movie, you see that the roof is just A and B pillars, no center transverse break until the rear bulkhead. Sooo..... I wonder if this is how Lotus got away with the low roofline single piece windshield and roof glass to not be in violation of the DOT safety requirements of hitting the head on the roof front in a crash like the current (old Esprit) which lived with the DOT waiver for the last few years on this.... never thought that our Stevens Esprits would now be regarded as the "Old" version :)

Hmm,

Now I need to update my Esprits styling cues to resemble the new Esprit :)

Paul

85 TE

94 S4

The Evora isn't dead but most likley will become the Elan with new bodyshell

I was just about to say...

'isn't the Elan a re-bodied Evora?'

I've also got to say that this is just fantastic stuff coming out of Lotus. Just makes me really excited for the future of the company.

Edited by GavinS1

Cheers, Gavin

That Esprit looks very nice. They have got the proportions right which I think was the most important factor in the beauty of the original design as well.

Not so sure about the slogan "Esprit - Faster than sound". The car had better be capable of 762 mph to justify that slogan.