free hit
counters
Future of 2-eleven - 2-Eleven Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Future of 2-eleven

Sven

Consideringthe new range that was presented by Lotus today and the ambition to take a bigstep up market, does anybody have a clue to what will be happening to the2-eleven.

Will it be discontinued and if, as of when. It would be a shame as Ithink it is a great platform for “affordable” club sport.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2Eleven will continue as it is. I asked today and there are no plans to shelve the car, it's very successful and the engineer I asked thought that the IVA doesn't need an Euro 5 Regs engine although he wasn't 100%.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Thank's Bibs that is good news. I was planning on maybe buying one for the next season but have heard some rumors that Lotus was discontinuing all Toyota 1.8 cars including the 2-eleven due to the Euro 5 regulations. By the way, what is IVA?

I know of 2 orders placed in the last month Jo, 1 of which was for the USA. (The guy also has a Macca F1 and Caparo T1, lovely chap :D)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I can't see the 211 continuing for much longer - the engine stocks are rapidly drying up and it just doesn't fit in with the current lineup.

I suspect any future orders for the 211 will be GT4 (£££'s) spec only and perhaps shelving the SVA version.

That way you can bin the warranty, not worry about euro5 and charge alot so it makes sense to keep going for a little longer.

As for a replacement... Well I guess we'll see race versions of the new lineup eventually but I doubt anything along the same lines as the 211.