free hit
counters
1976 Elite 503 engine bay photos needed - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Elite503Chris

1976 Elite 503 engine bay photos needed

Help!

I've bought an Elite 503 S1 where the previous owner has stripped out the engine bay, now I've no idea where anything goes or what is missing. I need to look at a car local to me and to take some close up photos. Can anyone in Wiltshire help?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Chris,

I have a '76 503 with a fairly original engine bay but i'm over in Ireland so not exactly local, if you let me know what pictures you need I can take them and post them up.

Cheers

Jon

Here's a few to keep you going.

IMGP8808.jpg

IMGP8812.jpg

IMGP8811.jpg

IMGP8810.jpg

IMGP8809.jpg

IMGP8813.jpg

Hi Jon

Very glad you posted your pictures as have a question, the vacume pipe that splits and one pipe goes to vacume tank, where does the other one go, is it to the lights?

Thanks

Mike

Yes it goes to the passenger side solenoid.

Cheers

Jon

Thanks Jon

That helps a great deal, would maybe explain why I have slugish lights, looks like they are winking at you, think PO must have modified things a bit as mine does not have direct pipe, , will move pipes around and see if that helps.

Thanks

Mike

Chris

I'm near Petersfield in Hampshire and have a 502. So no power steering, and someone has ripped out the air con at sometime. Still you are welcome to over. I also have copies of the manuals.

Herc

Jon

Thanks for the photos. If you can do some photos deeper down in the engine bay I'd be grateful.

Regards,

Chris

Herc/Marc

I'd love to come and look at your car. I work shifts so a weekday is possible for me. (Air-con also ripped out). You must be about about 70 miles or so from me. I live in Melksham. I too have a manual (poor nick) and a parts list.

Regards,

Chris

Edited by Elite503Chris

Thanks for these, I have a '76 model 503 (to refurb), and these pics will help enormously. At present it has ram tubes on the carbs, so will need to replace with filter before running in anger. Pics in due course. In near Oxford btw.