free hit
counters
Goodwood Breakfast Club - Topics - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Goodwood Breakfast Club

obione

Clicky

'The eighth Breakfast Club of the year is ‘Souped-up Sunday’. Once again it promises an eclectic mix of vehicles – with modified and custom vehicles of all ages expected to make an appearance'

Looks like rain, but, if its not too bad I will take the Esprit down to have a look see - anybody else want to get wet...?

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what time you guys thinking of going?

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

going to go early to get there just before opening at 8am. Umbrella packed :D

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Made it, good to meet up with Guy and his son that Elite is a stunner and was getting lots of attention.

Didn't need the Umbrella after all as arrived early and left early but it did start to rain one the way home.

Some pictures. Love the Sinclair C5 on the top of the mini, the owner was selling working C5's. The Morris Minor had a Rover V8 with twin turbo's. The Green open top is a Frazer Nash and the Supercharger fitted to the Mini A series engine was very neat, not the position of the single SU carb.

03102010639.jpg

03102010632.jpg

03102010634.jpg

03102010638.jpg

03102010640.jpg

03102010641.jpg

03102010642.jpg

03102010643.jpg

03102010644.jpg

03102010645.jpg

03102010646.jpg

03102010647.jpg

03102010648.jpg

03102010649.jpg

03102010650.jpg

03102010651.jpg

Cliff

Are you sure that monstrosity is a Frazer Nash Cliff? I'm a member of the Frazer Nash Car Club and the company never made anything like that plus they stopped making cars in the early 50s. By the look of it that's an F reg?

Sorry to be geeky!

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

After posting the event up, I got rather distracted over the weekend, however, I did manage to get there, later than usual, and clearly missed meeting up with you guys.

Considering the weather, it was really quite good with lots of interesting stuff to look at, however, I was not there very long when the nasty rain really did set in, so I did not stay too long. My Esprit enjoyed the day out, and attracted loads of attention, which was nice considering the event was for custom cars!

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

Are you sure that monstrosity is a Frazer Nash Cliff? I'm a member of the Frazer Nash Car Club and the company never made anything like that plus they stopped making cars in the early 50s. By the look of it that's an F reg?

Sorry to be geeky!

Pete

I'm sure you are right Pete, there was a frazer nash badge on the grill and it was an old car, the theme of the event was modified cars so it may have been developed form any earlier car or use of a chassis, who knows?. The owner wasn't around to talk to which may have shed some light on it.

Cliff