free hit
counters
Evora S - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora S

MB1

I may be being stupid, but I can't see any threads on here about the Evora S?

Also is anyone else disappointed about the lack of focus on it from the Lotus show? I know they released a load of dreamland concepts, but I thought they might show some more stuff about a car they actually make! :D

Even the link to it on the Lotus site is duff. Just a single picture of the car.

Odd.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Well that makes two of us then! :realmad:

You would have expected a bit more for all those Evora owners dying to trade up or those doubters who waited for the bigger pokier engine. No doubt this is why they released the S and Auto box info a few weeks ago so that they did get column inches then, as releasing them now at the show they would have got nothing. Like has happened evidently.

Still if our leader Bibs :animier: has anything more he has picked up in press packs or whatever like dates/prices and more it would be good to hear eventually. Dealers are not saying very much either.

Not all are interested in some origami Lambo clones that may, or may not, appear in the future.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Both the IPS and S Evoras are mentioned on the news page before the new cars (Clicky) and the IPS (auto) has its own thread in General Motoring, but it's understandable that the S isn't getting the attention from Forum users as it has been known about for while.

Why not start a thread in the Evora section giving your insight and opinions?

Both the IPS and S Evoras are mentioned on the news page before the new cars (Clicky) and the IPS (auto) has its own thread in General Motoring, but it's understandable that the S isn't getting the attention from Forum users as it has been known about for while.

Why not start a thread in the Evora section giving your insight and opinions?

You mean the Evora section thats been done away with?

I am pretty disappointed, must admit. It looks like to me the Evora will be phased out in a few years by the Elan.. I can't see many people ordering an Evora now

• Like 1

I don't understand what the problem is here. If there is a subject you're keen on that isn't being discussed, why not start a conversation about it rather than start a conversation about how your favourite subject isn't being discussed?

Although it must be said that this car has been discussed in the past, as its existence wasn't exactly a secret. There were photos and details 'leaked' during the summer.

I am pretty disappointed, must admit. It looks like to me the Evora will be phased out in a few years by the Elan.. I can't see many people ordering an Evora now

I can't either, although I'll admit I've sat on the fence so long the fence has almost collapsed! sad.gif

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

For 9k extra - you get

Engine as speced on Lotus website - super charger will not be available as an official retrofit

Comes with the sports pack - plus an exhaust with a bypass valve - as std

Comes with the CR box as std - if you look at the gear ratios on new Lotus website - this is confirmed

External rear cosmetics as seen

Suspension set slightly stiffer with diffrent bushing as spring rates (only the 'S' get this at the moment - they will wait for customer reaction before deciding if to add to std car)

internally a slightly diffrent Alpine unit (M300) with tech pack - it is close to std unit but with diffrent cosmetics - also std car has now got an up graded unit as well

(both similar but diffrent models) - they have listened to customer complaints and started fitting the new ones 3 weeks ago

Extra wheel options - inc anthracite colour at no extra cost

and thats your lot

First customer deliveries beginning of next year - if ordered now

I don't understand what the problem is here. If there is a subject you're keen on that isn't being discussed, why not start a conversation about it rather than start a conversation about how your favourite subject isn't being discussed?

Although it must be said that this car has been discussed in the past, as its existence wasn't exactly a secret. There were photos and details 'leaked' during the summer.

There's no real problem, just surprise, hence my post. I don't visit here that often and just thought there would be some news / discussion given it's the top model the produce and seems to be the Evora everyone has been waiting for. Also surprised at the lack of official info and pictures from Lotus. The info Yorkshire is more info than i've seen from anywhere! But at least this has got people talking :)

But we can discuss it here I guess :) given there isn't a suitable Evora area.

Also surprised at the lack of official info and pictures from Lotus.

Click for press release - 29th August on this website

If you want to know the news, you have to read the news. I post a link to the story on here, on the TLF facebook page and on twitter. Shall I phone next time? :P

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I looked pretty thoroughly, but thanks for that :):thumbup:

I did say official there, and there's very limited info on the Lotus site this far.

More patience needed for me then :D

Cheers.

Edited by MB1

Just ordered mine :welcome:

What's the deal with the Evora chat section disappearing anyway.. did I miss something? I assume it's all be combined into this one car chat section now.

Congrats! Spec?

My annoyance with the Evora Chat beig taken away is, I'm not on here often, and don't want to have to filter through 4-5 pages of topics on Esprits/Elises etc.

It was nice being able to quickly see any new posts about the Evora

:help: Hello @ all,

I do have the Evora since June and I do hope it will be possible to upgrade to the Evora S.

I knew that there will be an "S" model, and I thought that it will be retrofittable as with other Lotus cars in the past.

Is there already anything known, why there might not be an official upgrade?

What will there be instead?

Sell the Evora and buy an Evora S?

I cannot believe that....

Greetings from Germany,

Alexander

Edited by alex-mayer

I was informed that there would not be an official upgrade for 2 reasons

1:- The 'S' was being launched quite quickly after the std car - so out of all the cars sold (you can speculate that one yourselves) - how many people would really be 'inconvienced'?

2:- Due to the 'small' numbers wanting to upgrade the money involved in 'testing' the supercharger on cars that already had mileage was not going to make it financially viable.

They were saying that they have all the data on how the std engine wears - on the supercharged engine - but none as to the effects on the std engine, when a supercharger is added after doing variable mileage - so therefore couldn't confidently offer a warranty.

The view that if an engine killed it's self after being supercharged - and the cost to them that it entails - the profit to be made from the 'small' amount of people wanting to upgrade at a later date - would not make sense. If an owner wishes to upgrade then they may - but at thier own potential cost.

Before anyone gets into the Elise/Exige point - they are saying that it is all about numbers adding up - and there are alot more of those cars that may wish to upgrade..........

Please don't shoot the messenger :rtfm:

Edited by USAndretti42
Need a space before an emoticon for it to work

Having done only 4,000 miles in my Evora (CR box and Sport bits) I'm still highly impressed with its "on the road" performance - as distinct from "on the spec. sheets" - and find it plenty fast enough, particularly when the revs spin up.

But although I feel no need for a retrofit SC conversion at the moment, I'm rather concerned at comments suggesting there may not be one. (I mean an official Lotus approved upgrade.) If that proves to be the case it will immediately affect resale values by closing off the option, and of course I may decide I want one in due course.

I wonder if there might be an airflow or cooling issue that is reflected in modifications in the SC car. Some while ago I did hear some mention of work being done on that aspect of the SC; now I wish I had paid more attention! If so it could be something not readily changed on standard Evoras. But I actually know nothing - does anyone?

EDIT: Yorkshire Inq. - thanks for that new information, albeit bad news. You posted above whilst I was writing!

Edited by mdavies

I have seen a 'S' in the plastic - so to speak - and it didn't strike that there were any body work mods - it may be the case that there are and they are subtle........

It just looked like a supercharger bolted toward the top of the engine to me - but ......(Lotus weren't keen on me looking / or talking about it - they were on the production line - and due to be driven by jorno's at the 'launch' - hurry along now - nothing to see here!

I'm sure I've heard the same but will call the factory in the morning to ask the question.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Yorkshire Inqs post implies that a standard engine and an SC engine wear differently. If an SC-from-new engine can be warranted at say 60K miles but say a 10K miles standard plus 50K miles SC cannot, it presumably means that the standard engine wears at a higher/worse rate over the first 10K miles.

Could it be that Lotus believe standard engines are subjected to higher revs? Possible I suppose. Perhaps the mapping of the SC will be "gentler". Certainly my standard car loves to rev!

Also the argument that only a few will be "inconvenienced" (I'll let that word pass!) supposes that few standard Evoras will be sold in the future. Given the uncertainly engendered by the "Paris parade", I could believe that! The Launch Edition strategy was mis-conceived too. That's another topic, but I would not have bought one.

No SC conversion is bad news!

2 things - 'inconvenienced' was my word not theirs. Everyone now has choice of STD or S.

The point being that out of - not fact - but say 1000 evoras built - how many owners would take up the upgrade option? Lotus can only guess like the rest of us.

I never got the impression that the engine could not be upgraded and warrentied - it was just a question of costings. I think you maybe getting the wrong impression of my point if you start to worry about engine wear. As I understand it the engine revs to the same limit on both cars.

And I'm sure people will still opt for STD car as they do with the other models in Lotus range.

I did as for 95% of the time it's fast enough and if I do want to upgrade I'll lose my engine warranty with Lotus but will no doubt get one provided by company supplying supercharger!

You pays your money .......

And anyway - it was only what I was told - could be a load of old bollocks and they will bring out an upgrade intime for xmas

Yorkshire, thanks for the further post and to clarify, I was not supposing there could be fundamental differences in rev limits between engine versions, but that the drivers of standard cars might generally use higher revs more frequently, given that the SC cars will have greater torque and so top revs be used less often. Thus possibly greater wear on the standard engine in the hands of the more demanding or unsympathetic driver - just those who might be the ones who would opt for the SC conversion at mid-life.

Certainly I'm very impressed by the standard engine's higher rev performance - those change-up lights come in useful!

I should have been clearer last night - it was past my bed-time!

MDavies - I know the feeling about posting after bed time - I had to edit my post due to falling asleep mid way through - only joking

I am totally with you about the chance of the std car being revved harder on the average journey.

And maybe that was Lotus' point. They don't have enough data at this time about how the 'average' car has been driven and what the implications of supercharging that engine are.

I'm sure we would all agree that in likelihood the Toyota bits will be fairly bullet proof - and Lotus are probably just covering backside.

But in a world that is becoming more litigious - then the risk/reward ratio is probably too slim

Congrats! Spec?

Chrome Orange (as promised!)

Sports Pack

Tech pack

Close ratio gearbox

Sports Exhaust

Reversing camera

Body coloured handles (of course)

Black standard wheels

Hoping to get up the factory at some point in Oct / Nov to see it on the line, then hopefully I'll be picking it up in late Nov / early Dec.

Can't wait!