free hit
counters
TLF Christmas Party - Page 7 - Events - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Simon350S

TLF Christmas Party

Graham is right Matt. We have 2 inches of snow and the country grinds to a halt....we've had over a foot here which means even the gritters don't get out! (I used to supply our local council with Gritters and ploughs and they don't even use 4x4 trucks because "They are uneconomical for use the rest of the year"....we are a country of Politically correct morons sometimes!

Anyway....global warming anyone?

As per another topic, Yasuo and Kim, please let me know that everything is still ok. I'm planning on leaving early but need to know that your planes are all ok.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Just for you Mike ;-)

shovel%20ally2oscom.jpg

Hope you find a way to make it, the weather is only getting better now

From the MET

Outbreaks of rain, sleet and snow are expected to spread from the west during Friday evening and overnight falling onto sub zero surfaces. This will lead to widespread icy stretches forming on untreated surfaces and dangerous driving conditions.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice on traffic disruption on trunk roads.

Issued at: 1136 Fri 3 Dec

Sould prove fun to get to the meal, maybe a little late as I don't finish work until 6 and the roads are so slow. Also popping by to collect Mike6's so my be at the fun at 7.15.. Hee Hee

Tony, Global warming..... ask that to the poor people suck in Wales in those 30 homes with no gas or any power.

Just to say have a great time you guys.I can't be there as Marion and I have another "do" to go to but next year, all being well..... It was nice to put some faces to some names at the NEC so my resolution for next year is to do more TLF based things. Enjoy!

Hi All

I know its last minute (and its brought on by the fact that we will be coming in my 4-seater rather than Sue's Esprit :thumbdown: )

We have two spare seats travelling (cautiously) from Newbury to Kent leaving around 1-2pm

So if anyone would like a lift.....

Although we are coming back early on Sunday am so it might not be such an attractive offer ?

John & Sue

The mighty and benificent Allah has been kind, and I can come with Trev in place of Lorraine! Her shoes might be a bit tight though.

Wikkid!

1 Bibs (confirmed)

2 Laura (confirmed)

3 Tony (confirmed)

4 Patty (confirmed)

5 Yasuo (confirmed)

6 Kimbers (confirmed & deposit paid)

7 Mike (confirmed)

8 Paul (confirmed & deposit paid)

9 Sarah(confirmed & deposit paid)

10 & 11 Sue & John (confirmed & paid in full)

12 Christopher (confirmed & deposit paid)

13 Lord P (confirmed)

14 Lady P (confirmed)

15 Felix (confirmed)

16 Denise (confirmed)

17 Chris (internets) (confirmed & deposit paid)

18 Catherine (Mrs internets) (confirmed & deposit paid)

19 Neal (confirmed)

20 John (confirmed)

21 Ros (confirmed)

22 Oogieboogie (confirmed)

23 Nicki (confirmed)

24 Temple (confirmed & deposit paid)

25 Jan (confirmed & deposit paid)

26 Kim (confirmed & deposit paid)

27 Martyn (confirmed & deposit paid)

28 Dave (confirmed & deposit paid)

29 Claire (confirmed & deposit paid)

30 Matt (confirmed & meal paid)

31 Kevin Murphy (confirmed)

32 Nick Fulcher (confirmed)

33 Trevor (confirmed & deposit paid)

34 sparky (no funny business Mr. Skedge)

35 Dave Freeman

36 Megan Freeman

Yipee snow is melting fast as temperature creeps above zero. Tonight might be interesting if temperatures plummet but petrol now seems to be an issue. When I parked up my daily drive I was fairly short on petrol so may have to raid the lawnmower, lotus, honda accord. Better still a lift with Dave in his Subaru sounds very appealing.

Hopefully will not need that spade Laura.

Just leaving Norfolk to pick up our Danish Friends...see you all soon.

We passed a WRX on the

Motorway... Was that you Dave? The missus was driving to fast to see who was driving.

Great night. Fantastic to see everyone. For those who were unable to make it, you were missed. Thanks to Laura and Bibbo for their hospitality :)

We passed a WRX on the Motorway... Was that you Dave? The missus was driving to fast to see who was driving.

No don't think it was, we went back to bibs & Lauras place. Didn't leave until midnightish and didn't see any other cars at all. Maybe as she was driving to fast?

Thanks to everyone for making the evening a great one, great to put faces to many names I haven't met before. Tony I had toast and a coffee this morning, just wondering as it may be one more item to put to how ours lifes are almost on the same path. So many other people I would like to say thanks to but you know who you are. So thanks to you as well.

Big thank you goes to Bibs & Laura for making and organising the event.

:)

Edited by Petrol feet driven

In deed it was a fantastic night!! It was great to catch up with everyone. A big thank you to Bibs and Laura for doing a great job.... It was will worth the trip down..

Felix and Denise

Big thanks to Laura and Bibs, great venue, food and company.

As previously stated, good to put names to faces.

Well worth the drive down through the snow and ice of S.E. Kent

all 15 miles of it.:gathering: :gathering: :gathering: :gathering:

A most enjoyable evening with convivial company. Gratitude due to Laura and Bibs for their organisational prowess.

And thanks also to Trevor, my chauffeur, whose diligence introduced me to a most unique experience - a lack of hangover!

Meeting those people who post on the forum and now knowing who they are and a little about them makes it even better. Well done Bibs and Laura for organising as we all know these things don't just happen automatically once you book the restaurant. Warm atmosphere from everybody and great enthusiasm for not only Lotus but cars in general.

Trevor.

Hey everyone. Just got back after a superb weekend. Like Sparky I can't believe I've done a TLF party and not had a hangover!! First time in 5 years.

It was just amazing to meet so many new faces, Tony K (thanks for the T short mate!) his lovely wife (and patient by the sounds of it), Chris and Matt from the US, Dave etc etc. Also great to catch up with so many friends. Thanks Bibs and Laura for organising it!

Hi all

Such a wonderful time! Good company, conversation and a splendid bacon buttie!

Merry Chrimbo everyone. XX

It was nice to see so many happy Lotus owners at the dinner, And my thanks go to Bibbs and Laura too,

If you read this Kimbers I still have the beer in my Land Rover, found it when I got home.

Hope every one all got home safe and sound.

N. Fulcher.

My apologies to Laura and Bibbs as I did not take up their very kind offer to go to their house after the party to carry on, but I had a couple of issue's with my legs and they just seized up and would not go, not enough WD40 I guess. I would not have been much company to say the least, I think Laura and Bibbs are very brave people you unruly lot round theirs anyway, they must have bloody good neighbours lol.

N. Fulcher.

Thanks Nick, I'll try and pick up from your work this week if thats ok?

Not a problem the real Tony K. I close at 6pm but will not be there on Tuesday and Stephen will knock off at 5pm. cheers mate..