Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Bored with SELOC - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Bored with SELOC

After a few years of enjoying much that is posted on SELOC and benefitting from some good advice a few times, I've now given up on the site. The prevalence of narrow minded and at times really offensive comments on it just became too irritating eventually. The new range of Lotus cars really provoked a huge amount of "if it's over 1000kg's or over £30k it's not a real Lotus" comments from the S1 devotees in particular; who it seems still haven't forgiven the company for the S2. While I'll miss my daily perusal of their pages, I won't miss having to put up with the many *****holes and their dead dodgy attitudes.

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome :welcome:

Its fun and friendly in here, we don't tend to slag eachother off, even if the new Elise is a bit Fugly :P its not as bad as that 4 door monstrosity they've blobbed out of a piece of clay.

Have fun :)

Edited by Simon350S

Chunky Lover

The Eterne? It's a huge car and Lotus saying 'we're up there with the big boys' more than anything I think. If it makes it to production or not is another matter.

As an Elise owner, what did you think of the new Elise in particular? Does it tick your buttons, would you have one? It's still very much a design concept so I'm sure practicalities will appear and the design will become more subtle over time.

Oh, and you're not the only SELOC member on here, you'll not burn in hell, don't worry! :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

welcome aboard Simon, TLF is a good place to get discussions on Lotus and everything else in life. You will find it a curteous environment where polarised opinion can be aired without flaming, swearing or just plain rudeness. Sometimes there are hilarious posts in amongst the dross and the good stuff.

Have a good look at our Paris discussion thread to see what I mean Paris Motor Show Link

Alex.

PS: I dont think the new Elise is Fugly but the 4 seater Eterne ( have I spelt that correct?) did spend some intimate time with the Ugly Stick

I know I'm not alone in seriously doubting we'll ever see all the 'launched' cars in production and, like some, I worry it is a huge sales pitch for the entire company. However, I am sure Lotus has to lift itself out of its current market and start producing enough vehicles with a high enough price tag to actually make a profit. It cannot go on forever seeking out sugar-daddy owners to allow it to remain a low volume, low cost producer.

Hi Simon and welcome. As a Mod it's our job to make sure we don't let any narrowmindedness and abuse on here....that said if it's more than 10000kg it's not a Lotus and I'll kill anyone who says otherwise...ya basteds!! :innocent:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM

Welcome!

I'm gonna stick my neck out here, and suggest that although wonderful, that pic isn't what it appears to be.....?

Mucho apologies if I'm wrong though. In that case, when we meet, you can beat me to death with a leek.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Hi Simon and welcome. As a Mod it's our job to make sure we don't let any narrowmindedness and abuse on here....that said if it's more than 10000kg it's not a Lotus and I'll kill anyone who says otherwise...ya basteds!! :innocent:

Even a helium Balloon in is in danger of breaking that barrier if you are in it. :getmecoat:

Simon, I had started getting would up by one thread (and it wasn't the one about new models) recently, but I'll do what I try and normally do, ignore it. Sometimes you'll disagree with some people on here but generally the mod team will deal with that, irrespective of time of day (thanks to non-UK mods).

Andy

Welcome Simon. You will get a cross section of opinion here, The heads are not buried in the sand and there is a diverse cross section of views within the moderators, so a balanced perspective should prevail.

GKP, I will have 2 dozen leeks please :)

Sparky, I have a leak that needs fixing ! Bring head wear :D

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

"I'm gonna stick my neck out here, and suggest that although wonderful, that pic isn't what it appears to be.....?"

Hi Sparky, well spotted. It is my Elise and it is in front of a glacier I photographed in Iceland but they weren't in the same place in the same time. Here's the original of the Elise - outside a pub in Minstead in the New Forest. The leeks are on me.

post-9434-061211300 1286224015.jpg

Simon, Now that picture is more interesting and more pertinent to our meets on TLF!!

Bibs, it now has my vote....hmmmm....pub.....

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

It's the Trusty Servant if you're ever in Minstead, and if you are, you'll find it no problem! Good but rather over-priced food and excellent beers (much better than the insipid crap served up in Iceland!)

Hi Simon and welcome to the forum.

I am however distraught now that I know I am not the only ice blue Elise S2 owner in Southampton!

Edited by Nelly9000

Hi Neil, I've known I'm not the only one for some years and you haven't been the only one for nearly five years! The other day I guess it was you I saw driving in Bassett and having left my car at home my heart missed a beat, until In reailsed it was not my Elise. Is it yours I've seen parked near the Itchen Bridge several times?

Hi Simon,

No thats not me parking by the Itchen bridge. I live in West End so there must be three of us (could have been me in Bassett though). I have had my S2 for eight years so its higly likely you may have seen me out and about. Which part of the area are you from?