free hit
counters
Trailer width for S3 - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Does anybody know the minimum trailer width that will accept an Esprit S3? I see the S3 is supposed to be 1832mm but is it?

Edited by DanR

DanR

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really the reply that you're after.....but FWIW

My trailer has a bed width of 1.96m and that gives me 50-80mm clearance each side, which I find usefully makes room for the straps. So I'd have said your 1832mm figure is probably right, but a 1832mm width trailer would be too narrow. Its also pretty tricky to drive on and off accurately enough (absolutely straight no room for correction) on your own to go for anything much narrower than 1.96m - tho you'd be able to with outside assistance.

HTH Mike

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• 1 year later...

hello, just trailed my 84 turbo esprit with a 185cm wide trailer (bed width) and it just fits, so You would need at least a 185cm wide trailer. also for the length my trailer is 3.4m long (the bed) and it just fits again, made some headache where to tie down the car, but is was okay, drove 2200kms without any problems, cheers, Richard