free hit
counters
NMEG May meet @ RAF Museum Cosford - Topics - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

NMEG May meet @ RAF Museum Cosford

esprit350

The May meet for the North Midlands Esprit Group is at the RAF Museum Cosford, near Wolverhampton. We should have a dedicated parking area in the museum car park. Admission to the museum is FREE. Hopefully we will be able to park our cars with one of the aircraft in the background. They have them dotted around the site on the grass verges.

The museum has a large collection of aircraft both military and commercial. It also has one of the best collections of missiles in the world.

Caf

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds great Howard. Put my name on the list please.

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Howard,

You can put me down to please. There is a small chance I may have to work that day but Ill try and get this sorted out this week so Im clear to come along.

thanx.

so far then:-

Howard (esprit350)

Renu

Graham (backmarker)

Carl (CarlC)

Mike (MKE40)

Dave (superdave) ?

David (oneshot)

Dave (dodgy154)

Lisa & Jody (lisalotus)?

Edited by esprit350

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

I designed a building at RAF cosford, think it was the museum! It's supposed to look like an aeroplane on plan?? I only designed the roof fortunately.

If Iam free I will go. Have a 60th Birthday for my father-in-law around the 11th May and also my daughters birthday around same time. It will all depend which weekend they choose to have their parties on!

Howard (esprit350)

Renu

Graham (backmarker)

Carl

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Howard ,

I have this marked in the diary as a must do !

Will be there ,

Mike :):P:lol:

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

welcome back, your name is on the list

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Howard :)

Hopefully me and jody will make this meet, really peed off I missed the oxford meet, looking forward to catching up with everyone :):(:)

lady esprit drivers do it fast and furious

fahr03.gif 1st lieutenant to the Fearless red squadron

Howard (esprit350)

Renu

Graham (backmarker)

Carl (CarlC)

Mike (MKE40)

Dave (superdave) ?

David (oneshot)

Dave (dodgy154)

Lisa & Jody (lisalotus)?

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Hi Howard :)

Hopefully me and jody will make this meet, really peed off I missed the oxford meet, looking forward to catching up with everyone  :)  :(  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lisa,

We all missed you and your bacon butties at Oxford B)

Graham.

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Lisa,

We all missed you and your bacon butties at Oxford  B)

Graham.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did Lotus ever build a burger van??

Mike :):):(

(Lisa was not the only one to miss oxmeet )

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

Howard (esprit350)

Renu

Graham (backmarker)

Carl (CarlC)

Mike (MKE40)

Dave (superdave) ?

David (oneshot)

Dave (dodgy154)

Lisa & Jody (lisalotus)?

Ian

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Howard (esprit350)

Renu

Graham (backmarker)

Carl (CarlC)

Mike (MKE40)

Dave (superdave) ?

David (oneshot)

Dave (dodgy154)

Lisa & Jody (lisalotus)?

Ian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I used to work at Cosford (RAF) and know collection well including the TSR2 AHHH many a happy night spent in Albrighton followed by a fantastic indian meal in the Albrighton Balti then off to the winking frog in cannock top memories for those who are interested there are a couple of WW2 V2 rockets stored in the grass covered hangers on the airfield if you are interested you might want to see if the students of the various training departments are around on that day I used to work in the airframe training squadron I might give them a ring see if they want to come and see you all.

regards rob

Howard (esprit350)

Renu

Graham (backmarker)

Carl (CarlC)

Mike (MKE40)

Dave (superdave) ?

David (oneshot)

Dave (dodgy154)

Lisa & Jody (lisalotus)?

Ian

Nick (nicksoldies)

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Having a real run of bad luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P , clutch decided to pack up on esprit, well at least I think its the clutch, I cant select any of the gears, going to try and fix it before the cosford meet, will order parts on wednesday, will drop gear box over weekend, all being well and nothing else going wrong should have it fixed for cosford meet hopefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, just keep your fingers crossed for me guys, I,m really looking forward to seeing you all, if I dont get it fixed in time I will come in whatever vehicle I can muster up before now and then :(

Having a real run of bad luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P , clutch decided to pack up on esprit, well at least I think its the clutch, I cant select any of the gears, going to try and fix it before the cosford meet, will order parts on wednesday, will drop gear box over weekend, all being well and nothing else going wrong should have it fixed for cosford meet hopefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, just keep your fingers crossed for me guys, I,m really looking forward to seeing you all, if I dont get it fixed in time I will come in whatever vehicle I can muster up before now and then :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lisa,

Good luck girl !

I had the same problem. I put my foot UNDER the clutch pedal and pushed up. I then found that I'd got a clutch again, and could engage any gear I wanted. I'm told this probably means the clutch master cylinder or the slave cylinder is on the way out :(

Graham.

Hey Lisa

Some suggestions.

1.If youve still got normal pedal feel with full travel then its not likely to be the slave or master cylinder. May be worth bleeding the system anyways.

2.If you cant get into gear then its unlikely to be your clutch and I would suspect gear linkages.

3.If your getting into gear and dont have any drive, or lots of slip then its likely to be the clutch.

Good luck finding the problem.

Simon

Chunky Lover

Hey Lisa

Some suggestions.

1.If youve still got normal pedal feel with full travel then its not likely to be the slave or master cylinder. May be worth bleeding the system anyways.

2.If you cant get into gear then its unlikely to be your clutch and I would suspect gear linkages.

3.If your getting into gear and dont have any drive, or lots of slip then its likely to be the clutch.

Good luck finding the problem.

Simon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi simon

Thanks for your suggestions

pedal still feels normal, definatly not slave or master cylinder first thing I checked, have bled system, made no differeence, no slipping of clutch, i can get into gear just, but loads of grinding and clunking, steadly getting worse, with engine not running can get into all gears bar reverse but loud clunking noise as it it goes into gear.

I,m going to post this again in the technical part see if any body has any views, I,ve been told that its the clutch plate not engaging, but like you I presumed there would be lots of slip which there isn,t. So the question is how do I know if its the gear linkages, I,m presuming the gear linkages are in the gearbox, does that mean I,m going to have to rebuild the gearbox :( , all suggestions welcome

missiles.jpg

Ok quick update, museum have asked that we leave all the missiles at the museum please, no taking them home to fit to your Esprit..

serious note I need to send them some idea of numbers early this week, so please confirm if you are coming if you havent already done so.

Thanks Howard

Edited by esprit350

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Is there any convoy to the Meet ?

Its probably not a problem for you NMEG guys given that many of you are in the area. But if anyone else is heading down from the north just shout up and perhaps we can convoy in.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.