free hit
counters
West Coast activity? - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

West Coast activity?

OnAir

Hi guys!

After years of dreaming, I've finally purchased my first Lotus; a 2003.5 Final Edition Esprit. fun.gif

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knew if there was an active Lotus club out here on the wet coast? The Lotus Club of BC's website hasn't been updated since 2008 and I haven't been able to find any other group of enthusiasts in the area.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome to the Forum Mike.... Nice purchase for your car. You will have to post a picture. That's a must for sure.

We have a few members in Alberta and Ontario on this forum, that are active. I'm sure they will introduce themselves soon.

Cheers

Felix

Very nice Mike... I lived on Vancouver Island for from 99 to 08. Then I moved over here in London. I will be here for two more years and then I will be moving back to Canada with my Esprit...

Cheers

Felix

Hi Mike.

That really is a very very classy looking Esprit. Well done!

Truth be known..if I had the money, if I had the space, if her in doors....damn it too many if's already...we'll I would love a V8 as a stable mate to my S1, especially a final edition one.

I'm jealous .

Edited by GavinT

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul,

I really wish I could help you out, but I'm fairly new to BC and haven't had much luck meeting other Lotus owners here yet. The only folks I can suggest at the moment are the guys at Weissach, the dealership here in Vancouver. I just took my Esprit in this morning for the "out of province" inspection and they were very helpful and answered all of my many questions. Other than that, perhaps someone else here would have a better idea of who you might contact. Best of luck with your project. -Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks like this line of enquiry has been sitting around for a while. Come to think of it, I haven't been checking this forum much lately.

Anyway, to answer the basic question, the BC Lotus Club is still active with a core group. There are members on the Island and around the province, although most are in the Lower Mainland. I agree that no-one has been updating the website so you won't find much evidence of the club online. It can also be hard to track down because there is no set meeting place - we meet each month at a different member's house so it generally becomes a rolling garage tour. As it turns out, the next function is a Christmas get together on Dec. 11th at my place in White Rock. Send me a PM if you want more details and I can pass it on diectly. I'll even make a point of logging in more frequently

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Greetings from Alberta. There are several Esprits in Alberta ( I know of at least 7 or 8 of them), my girlfriend and I have 2 of them. We should all plan a little get together somewhere that works for all of us for a weekend get together.

Cheers,

Serge

88 & 2003 Esprits

• 2 months later...

Welcome! There are a lot of esprit guys in alberta but the b.c. population is a little lower. The guy you want to talk to is Richard Chong at Richmond Auto Clinic (604) 278 8126. He is the go to guy for all you're parts and repairs as well as an active Lotus Community member! He's a great guy and is always willing to have a quick chat.

Mark Terrio-Cameron

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.