free hit
counters
Another One Back From The Dead - Page 2 - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SimonE

Another One Back From The Dead

Steve yes "Your car is sick mate" stuck in traffic on the school run. Thats Souff London for you :P

Buddsy dont get me wrong I love the BBS's but every time i look at a pic of Jonny's car I think "want" but to be fair a) i probably cant afford them b) I should really probably spend the money I haven't got on getting the bodywork detailed and a few other bits that need doing. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Many thanks all for the wheel information and the kind offers to take them off my hands - I never realised their rarity!

Wouldn't mind seeing some more pics generally but a red with gold stripes and gold comps makes this a very rare and special sight, it's basically this:

Lotus_Turbo_Esprit_1981_zpsplkada4j.jpg

Surely that car would be worth more sold like this than on BBS? It's going to be somebody's dream spec.

I don't think Comps add value to wet sump cars, I'd sooner have a wet sump on BBS, it's a later look that suits the later cars. But I can't help but feel all dry sumps should be on Comps,  it's part of the original spec and part of the early look.

• Like 2

The above picture looks stunning and i know Buddsy especially likes it as its his signature picture. !   Jonny your more than correct it adds a massive amount of value in my eyes on dry sump cars. :yes: Simon, hurry up and paint your bumpers black and door glass frames, see jonny for some good year badges and stick the gold decals on and it will transform your car into a extremely rare looking and very well desired esprit. :yes:

A

My that looks absolutely stunning!!!! - totally :) convinced!

What colour red is that? - looks a little darker than the Calypso Red??

• Like 1

No just a copy of a copy of an old photo.

Here's another one which shows why gold stripes need gold wheels:

esturbota7_zps4rntl5em.jpg

The only other red early Turbo I've seen with Compomotives is this one that's for sale currently with black decals, also black and silver comps:

0296262030002_zpszmewrhiy.jpg

Both need Goodyear letters as a matter of urgency!

I would definitely get the window frames and bumpers changed back to black then you might well have the only red with gold decals on gold Comps dry sump left.

• Like 2