free hit
counters
Another One Back From The Dead - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SimonE

Another One Back From The Dead

Yay - she lives - my S3 Dry Sump Turbo - fired up first time today 18 months after I bought her with a blown engine - sounds as sweet as a nut - many thanks to all who have offered advice on here and a special mention to PNM Engineering - am a rather happy chap now :)

Edited by SimonE

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Pictures?? You know thems the rulz......:rtfm:

It's getting there......

Well 6 years on and not a lot has changed..

After she started up - I noticed an oil spray was coming from around the front of the engine circulating around the cambelt!!, front crank oilseal or leaking oil pipe I thought? But life got in the way and the Esprit was pushed to the back of the garage where she has languished ever since :( - but I wheeled her out over the weekend, dusted her down and am enthused again - right first thing is where was that pesky oil coming from? :)

Glad to see you are back at it Simon with regained enthusiasm and some  time to fix her. :thumbsup:  crank oil seal, cam covers, oil pump housing ?  Take some pics if you can Simon plenty of Esprit and dry sump boys on here that like the game spot the oil leak !

A

Cheers Dan - will take some pics this weekend - if she starts up!! :)

If I recall the cambelt was circulating the oil spray around the front of the engine - my hunch may be the front crankshaft seal - as this was the only seal I didn't replace, as it looked ok, when I rebuilt the engine - flawed logic!.

• Like 1

You'd be better off selling the old thing......... Luckily there's folks on here that would assist in you getting rid of the problem !!

• Like 1

Only here once

20 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

You'd be better off selling the old thing......... Luckily there's folks on here that would assist in you getting rid of the problem !!

Many thanks Barry for your kind offer, but it's not in my nature to foist my problems on others - I will labour on ;) 

I just can't believe how Esprit values have risen in the interim 6 years....

Edited by SimonE
missed a bit out
  • Like 2

A non running esprit in your garage has made you a lot more intrest than the bank manager would of wanted to pay you.  Glad you held on to it.   Yes prices have gone up a hell of a  lot while she has been sleeping. :)

• Like 1

A

Very niec Simon.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Its got 4 stud Compomotives !!

:) 

It's getting there......

Cracking looking motor Simon and the compomotives make it an extra special turbo esprit. :thumbup:

Also noticed it has headlight washers fitted in the front bumper. ?

A

Are 4 studs good? - I didn't realise.

The chap who sold it to me was rather pleased of his 'washer modification' - not so sure myself I think it will be going back to standard including the colour coded bumpers and window frames (which I don't mind :)) - I am a bit of an original spec man, but not obsessive :)

• Like 2

There are people on this forum who would sell a kidney to get hold of a set of 4 stud compomotive wheels.

It's getting there......

Don't listen to Tim they are shite. I got some lovely BBS's you can have along with whatever kidney you choose. I am here to help.Them Comps are not meant for your car (ahem) they just don't work with red and I suspect you may get mistaken for Graham Norton! 

• Like 2

Its started....

It's getting there......

1 hour ago, TAR said:

There are people on this forum who would sell a kidney to get hold of a set of 4 stud compomotive wheels.

There are some who already have! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

45 minutes ago, Dan E said:

Don't listen to Tim they are shite. I got some lovely BBS's you can have along with whatever kidney you choose.

I prefer the BBS myself. The other ones are ok just not BBS. I dont understand all the fuss with them?

Simon car looks ace by the way. Id sell the wheels and get the the bumpers painted black...if not at least the window frames :thumbsup:

Buddsy

• Like 1

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

what Buddsy said :)! I can paint the bumpers for you. 

I found out tonight my car is "sick" 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dan E said:

I found out tonight my car is "sick" 

Normally I'd be sad to hear such news.........but I'm guessing the kids on the street have given your beauty the thumbs up!:thumbup::lol:

• Like 2

The comp wheels on your car Simon are worth a fortune to folks on here wanting to get the early dry turbo/essex look,  Just look in the classifieds, Mark at stock coachworks is always advertising for them.  Even more so as you have the hubs also so the complete package will be worth a lot.  Just look at Jonnys post  user the pits here on the forums ,You need to speak to him about getting some white lettering on those wheels and you will see what i mean. :thumbup: 

A