free hit
counters
More detail of New Esprit - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

More detail of New Esprit

hopo

when the New esprit was unveiled i liked it... yep only liked it. My heart did not skip a beat and i did not start dribbling. Those are both reactions befiting to a new esprit so you could say it was a slight dissapointment. the more i look at the car however the more i like it. Just a quick mosey at this should help:

it does look sensational... (in general im not a fan of white cars.... unless its an S1)............

Il take mine in silver or a dark navy please

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still not sure about putting the ashtrays outside of the windows. I can't see it working too well.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

The wheels are carbon fibre.

paris_122.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Yep the walk around makes all the difference - what I like about it is the subtle tweeks they has done with the original design.

The 'ears' are definatly there, so is the rear transom and deck - but it has been future-ised, pretty well imo

Having a white car outside (stevens) you can see similarities which i like, its how it should be done - not the way they did the Elise which is a travesty imo.

Note I will not say anything about the front, made my feelings totally clear on that - OK I will, it derperatly needs the evora / Lotus front end, it looks too much like a lot of other cars front end imo with the gaping holes and trapeziod shaped intake....(see ford, mitusbish lancer, nissan GTR) - its not cool it is uncouth.

Also what doesnt do it any favours is the contrasting black (carbon fibre ?) detailing a-la Audi R8.

I mean take the R8 and this, my god the Esprit looks a million bucks compared.

Be very interesting to see what the final production looks like - or is this it or as close to it as it'll be.

Clearly these are display models and subject to change ?

facebook = [email protected]

Nice take on the new model build process in the new Evo magazine. They were invited to the 'secret location' where the show cars were being built and followed the build up to the Paris launch. Interesting reading.

That car has a windscreen like I have a forehead......!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

does the evo magazine article have pictures with it? im getting sick of staring at the same paris autoshow pics over and over...

Yes it does, from inside the workshops during the build process, although most were substantially complete by the time the Evo guys were invited. Three different locations were used, none I believe were built at Hethel unless someone in the know - Bibs? - can correct me?

I've only had a brief glance but it's definitely featuring pics of the cars in the design studio at Hethel.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.