free hit
counters
S2 Seats. - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

S2 Seats.

Ive been thinking of changing my seats for a pair of later models and storing the originals, is this possible with regards to runners etc? Its just i find that when you take a corner fast you slide out of the seat. When i should be relaxed im not because im clenching my butt to keep it planted :lol:

Edited by catty s2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if the later seats will hold you any better . . . I always thought the S2 seats had nice deep bolsters that did a good job at holding people in place. . ..

As far as the fit goes, I know you can pull the seats out of a car as late as an early Stevens car and they will fit. The bolts on the runners line up within a couple of millimeters of each other. My white S1 had such seats when i bought it (and they were rotting and the leather was hard like plastic and the foam was mildewy and they were beyond saving so I threw them in a dumpster and bought a pair of S1 seats . . . )

I've seen seats from Giugiaro turbos in S1s before, so I'm guessing there is no problem there (and probablynot that much difference in the seat . . .) . . .

Edited by Tony K

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1983 Turbo Esprit, Investor Edition #03

1991 Esprit SE

Thanks Tony. The seats are quite well bolstered but because they are all leather they get a bit slidey. I think they widened them a little from the S1's didn't they? I might change them if i can find a decent 'cheapish' pair or i could just eat more! Sounds better! :lol:

Dave,

I think the S2 seats are the most comfortable but having cloth make a huge difference in arse gripage. Leather seats make getting in and out easier. You could always get the originals recovered. Will eventually get around to doing mine. They're all black at the moment but thought about getting the centre in cloth to match the Essex Blue and keep the sides black with S2 logo embroidered on the headrests - subtle but a nice touch methinks.

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Dave - The biggest difference I can see between S1 and S2 seats is that the S1 seats are thin and flat by the shoulders, whereas the S2 seats have contour/bolsters running all the way up the sides. I think I like the S2 seat better, but the most important thing for me is lower back support, and both do a better job at that for me than seats in a Stevens car . . .

Pete - have you seen photos of Shah's interior? Are you thinking like that only blue where his is grey?

- T

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1983 Turbo Esprit, Investor Edition #03

1991 Esprit SE

Pete - have you seen photos of Shah's interior? Are you thinking like that only blue where his is grey?

Pretty much. Although I'd be sticking to cloth. I'm sure Shah will back me up here... the reason he has 4 point harnesses is to keep him in the 'leather' seats :)

Unfortunately it's not very high on my priority list. Got to put the engine back together first. Next project is to investigate an annoying steering vibration.

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009