free hit
counters
17. South Korean GP - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

17. South Korean GP

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Everyone...

I am very excited waiting Korean GP. :-)

My lotuses will be at Motorzone for Exbition purpose.

2-11, 340r, Esprit V8, Exige S BGT SE, Elise S1 (4-5 cars)

My Naomi Evora will be arrived 21.Oct, so can't exhibit Evora. :-(

And I am invited briefing for Exos F1 cars EXOS directly from Lotus representatives.

But He said real Exos could not bring to Fi korean GP.

I am very expected to entering to VVIP SKY Room. :-)

LOTUS F1 TEAM

PS.Can I get hi resolution file for lotus F1 cars with Trulli, Kovalainen?

I will get for an autograph in that large poster.

Hi Bibs..

I had reveived Evora indoor car cover already.

Thanks...

JKDENTAL From KOREA

Have a great time at the race, take some pics for us :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

JK,

please check out Lotus Racing's Flickr page. There are many, many wonderful high resolution pictures from the whole team and the races. Make sure you click the high resolution option in the menue, these photos are HUGE! :thumbup: You best start here and work your way through the season:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lotusracing/page117/

Many happy hours of surfing the pics and enjoy the GP!

Great collection of Lotus cars, by the way!

Cheers from Germany,

Christoph

Great pictures thanks for posting them. I especially like the 1963 Jim Clark one. My hero when I was a kid, and still is today.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Post some pics from the GP, can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

JaeKyoon you are very lucky!! Hope all goes well with the display and you enjoy the teams hospitality! I hope the team put on a great show for you too!

Buddsy :animier:

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

JK

I, for one, would love to see a photo of the Naomi Evora when it arrives!

Edited by Choppa

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

EPSON003-1.jpg

Ok. My predictions for the race. Due to the newness and the dust on the track, there will be a big pile up in the first corner. Everyone will be hoping the other drivers ego will be bigger than his driving ability and everyone will brake too late.

I reckon the both the lotus will finish and I will not be watching the race other than maybe the start.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Evora NA

Ok Jarno had it spot on and Heikki was just hampered by traffic! Once again they have the speed to dominate the Virgins but The gearbox reliability problem on Jarno's car is really alarming!

Joe Saward gave us good news, go see it the next 'Team Lotus Next Year thread'

Looks wetter than a wet day in Wetville.

Less than 10 cars to finish?

Can somebody explain why tyre warmers are needed whilst waiting on the grid in this weather - must still be a reason?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Why would you bother to start a race under the safety car? Surely you would just delay the start and then get on with it? Seems dumb to me. :getmecoat:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Because it gets dark there and they don't have headlights. With the cars running round they act as giant vacuum cleaners and a dry line will start to appear.

One Nigel Mansell's few contributions to F1 :yes:

Did anyone notice the size of Mike Gascoyne's wrist watch, I've seen smaller laptops ! :shock:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Evora NA

Well done Lotus - A 13th you can take all day long and be proud !

And as for me - a pat on the back for at least getting one position right !

Technically sound ...Theoretically poked !

Pfffiuhh that was close! Would have Buemi not ended up in Glock sidepods, Glock would have finished in the top 10! Jarno got betrayed by his mechanical again! While Heikki had issue controlling his pitlane speed and was sent in the run off by Sutil!

Had the pleasure of watching today's race at this week's F1 Watch Party at the Cool River Cafe (where were you, Lou?), accompanied by the wife and younger son. I was especially pleased to have also brought along my son's Korean classmate (for whom we are a "host family") to watch his country's inaugural F1 race. He was well aware that it was to take place today, and I think he got a kick out of witnessing it in the company of grand prix fanatics. I even learned how to pronounce the name of the circuit correctly.

It was amazing to see both Red Bulls as DNF's without physically contacting one another.dry.gif I cannot imagine the depth of Webber's disappointment at his result. Such is the nature of rainslick asphalt, where you are never more than an inch pound away from disaster. I even found myself feeling sorry for Vettel (no small feat), as his exit was no fault of his own.

The good news, of course, is that this (and lots of other incidents) allowed Heikki to once more place relatively high in the standings. Sad to see that the black cloud hovering over Jarno's hydraulic system has not gone away. He must be beyond frustrated.

On to Brazil boys!

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

I think they do it in an attempt to use the cars' tyres to clear standing water from the track. It also lets the drivers see where the wettest parts of the track are, how the visiibility is, how slippy it is and to get their feedback to race control so they can decide when to start the race proper. And, maybe, to meet contractual agreements with the broadcasters to start the race at a certain time.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Evora NA

Can somebody explain why tyre warmers are needed whilst waiting on the grid in this weather - must still be a reason?

The tyres still get quite hot although obviously not as hot when it's dry. Any heat they can get in them is better than nothing.

Why would you bother to start a race under the safety car? Surely you would just delay the start and then get on with it? Seems dumb to me. :getmecoat:

As above - 60-80% of a full wet tyre is designed to get rid of the water to give the other part some chance at making contact with the tarmac.

I forget the actual figure, but a f1 extreme wet can displace 0ver 60 litres of water per second - a couple laps of moderate speed can clear a track pretty well as long as it's not continuing to rain.

Also, you don't want 24 cars barrelling down to the first corner - much safer to have a rolling start with brakes and tyres nearer operating temps.

Finally, they wasn't sure if the race was going to go ahead - a few laps under the safety car allows feedback from the drivers to added to the stewards decision. If all 24 had said it was to wet and too dangerous the event would have been called off but not going to know unless they drive it:

Oh - anybody worked out if the drive though for kimi affected anything?

Kimi who?