Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What can a 2.2 SE rev to? - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What can a 2.2 SE rev to?

M Blur

Ran Freescan and got sth suprisingly high rpm readouts.. what's a typical max rpm for the SE-S4-Sport300-S4S..? I thought 7000-7500 was about the limit. :(

What should be the typical load readouts from idle to redline whilst stationary (I don't intend to repeat that exercise too often ( rocked the whole car on its engine mounts..)

:)

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ran Freescan and got sth suprisingly high rpm readouts.. what's a typical max rpm for the SE-S4-Sport300-S4S..? I thought 7000-7500 was about the limit. :blink:

I would suggest staying below 7250 rpm if you have the old style cast iron cam followers; from the S4 onwards the engine was treated to steel cam followers.

If you plan to use higher than 7250 rpm regularly you really need to set the valve spring seated pressues: shimmed to 65lbs seated you can run 8000rpm; assuming the engine is in good health.

Garry

Hi Garry

I'm not sure if you'll remember the head I bought off you all those years ago... If you can, could you tell me what type of followers were on it and what perssure you shimmed it to?

My car is now almost ready for the dyno, just a few bits and bobs to do now and a few checks on the engine as I suspect the engine build is of questionable quality as I had to strip off the polished parts and clean them as the engine builder didn't bother also the cam timing was miles out so I'm gonna check if they bothered to insert the olive on the top of the oil pick up pipe...

Mark Mackenzie

Mark MacKenzie  Elise S2 135 Sport 

I would suggest staying below 7250 rpm if you have the old style cast iron cam followers; from the S4 onwards the engine was treated to steel cam followers.

If you plan to use higher than 7250 rpm regularly you really need to set the valve spring seated pressues: shimmed to 65lbs seated you can run 8000rpm; assuming the engine is in good health.

Cheers Garry, :P

I'll just be glad when I can get you to build me a proper 400-450 engine but will be next year's bonus I suspect.. possible chance John H shimmed spring seat pressures.. if not - then what do I need to do. :D I can set a rev light in the meantime - power tails off right at the top end but then I've only had 70% throttle so far.. so who knows. :blink:

Edited by M Blur

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif