free hit
counters
Esprit S1 Chassis Numbers, Build Dates, Colors, and Engine Numbers - Page 2 - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Esprit S1 Chassis Numbers, Build Dates, Colors, and Engine Numbers

zbv4.jpg

says enough, my car is the 4th from the S2's and the 3th LHD J car....

v7ra.jpg

• 1 month later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks Paul....its currently red...I prefer white!   Gold Coast :-) 

welcome Im 0278G Phil

I have 0276H. Don't have the engine number handy, but will find it. It's Yellow.   pottsro  

Posted Images

hey guys,

i'm looking to buy a S2 Esprit, but want to tread very carefully...  the chassis number quoted on the UK V5 is 0413G7805 engine number CC9077805149 first on the road 24.10.1978

it was once silver now red, I'm guessing from the chassis and the vents on the rear side window its a S2 .. but there is no ID plate in the front compartment, can anyone tell me where the chassis number is marked.

Its UK reg is BBC 716T

Can anyone tell me if the chassis ties up to a silver S2 .. any information on this car would be nice.

thanks Matt

Hi Matt,

Nice to hear that you also have interested into a S2

it would be great to ship a other S2 over to belguim!

its a S2 car, but if you want everything right you must send a message to lotus,

there are some guys here on this forum how did that also, and then you get a offical doc. back with everything on it,

how and to how it was deliverd,

but if the price is right for the money, and you want it, then you should must buy the car and you can get new plates for the front,

(maby they changend the engine) but when you put your own engine number on the plate, (and the V5 says the same) then you can get it Reg. inside belguim, otherwise it would be a problem,

• 3 months later...

I have 0276H. Don't have the engine number handy, but will find it. It's Yellow.

pottsro

I've got 276G...sisters :-)

Robert Costa
1984 Turbo Esprit
Very Black!
2004 Lotus Elise
Quite Green! gone :-(

1977 S1 Esprit, in bits

1998 Lotus Elise S1, Azure Blue
Sydney, Australia

“The parts falling from this car are examples of the finest British craftsmanship”

Recommended procedure before taking on a repair of Lucas equipment: Check the position of the stars,kill a chicken and walk three times clockwise around your car chanting:" Oh mighty Prince of Darkness protect your unworthy servant.."

• 10 months later...

Good afternoon,

Our well known archivist Andy Graham tells me that VIN 78010139 from an Portuguese Esprit S1 is invalid but the owner thells me contrary. Is there any records of such car? 

406042_zpseyzdmoqd.jpg

Rui Pedro Coelho

• 1 year later...

Hey Guys,

I recently just bought an S1. So new to this world... I got the car delivered and when it got to me the transmission was stuck in gear. I think a fork might be stuck in a gear, so that is currently being sorted out! 

Now the car is currently painted black, lowered on a racing suspension and has a 912 engine in it. The car has 22,000 original miles and was originally white.

The vin is #76120115H i was hoping maybe you guys can give me some insight on its worth, what the vin shows number wise.. when it was built, build number ect.. I am also painting the car but not to sure if i want to go back white or go completely different and maybe a blue, green or purple! toss me your thoughts i am open to some advice.

Thank you everyone!

• 3 years later...