free hit
counters
Exeter kitcar show - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Exeter kitcar show

mark p

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Mark

Thanks for posting cos I hadn't picked up on this. SWEG's been for the last 3 years, so expect I'll get along. Looks like Sat is favourite for me given other things I'm expected to do this w/e. Will get there by 11, probably be gone by 2 or so. Good to see you and others if around then. Cheers Mike.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Can't make Sunday and out with Rick Saturday morning anyway. May see you down there.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Was at the show between 11 and 1:30 - but didn't see any of you! I felt it wasn't quite as good as previous years - a few more parts sellers and a few less cars and nothing extreme this year but I guess still good to see. It just amazes me how many businesses believe that there is still room for someone new in the Lotus 7 market place. There must be dozens of companies doing their own versions - not sure what the point of that is. Still not convinced by the DNA cars with their sooooo obviously fake Ferrari plastic engine mouldings under the rear window. But there were 2 different very good Stratos kits, some very well finished Porsche 356 replicas and a lovely Jag XK 150 replica for sale at only £49k !! Some good stuff in a car park. The most interesting I saw was a dark blue 246 Dino (looked like a real one to me) which turned out to be a (first generation) Lotus Europa with a body kit. Some interesting dimensions facts and overlays in the windscreen info which showed it was a route for the owner into his favourite Ferrari but with a bigger cabin and driving space - I never would have guessed that a Europa was that much bigger inside than a Dino!

Sorry no pics......................I know.......

• Like 1

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Yes, was earlier this year to try and catch better weather.

I went on Sunday in the GT40 - was a nice enough afternoon out, loved the Stratos replica, but agree that the inside seemed a bit short on cars......

TimB

The most interesting I saw was a dark blue 246 Dino (looked like a real one to me) which turned out to be a (first generation) Lotus Europa with a body kit. Some interesting dimensions facts and overlays in the windscreen info which showed it was a route for the owner into his favourite Ferrari but with a bigger cabin and driving space - I never would have guessed that a Europa was that much bigger inside than a Dino!

Sorry no pics......................I know.......

Oh, you mean this one?

flyer_dino.jpg

Have a look here. Took me ages to hunt it out but I knew I had it bookmarked somewhere :coffee:

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."