free hit
counters
Naked Short Shifter - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think that image is for registered users only Frank so it's coming up dead here, got another you can show us?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Thanks, there is zero slop with a very secure feel, it's nice to have the selector right there next to the wheel....

The fact that I no longer elbow my friends makes me sad...fish.gif

I think it's fast enough…maybe

Didn't you set up an auto box with paddles?

That looks neat, great bit of fabrication.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I did setup a paddle shifter but it was with a E153 5 speed gearbox, still using a clutch peddle..... I had issues with the Clutchmasters twin disc and a floating release bearing that moved back under vibration pushing the slave cylinder rod in..... This caused a no clutch peddle pressure and the sequential shift would happen when ever the peddle was depressed...censored.gif.. 2 gearboxes later I discovered the clutch release issue...censored.gif I did figure out a fix and that is to put the shift saftey switch on the clutch release gearbox lever and not the peddle but enough R$D

So I desided to go back to basics with a twist.......

Edited by ronin

It looks nice, bet it gives a quick shift so close to the wheel.

Evora NA

It's just move your hand a few inches to make a shift and you're done.... Oh and I use a much stronger/smoother cable also..cool.gif

Here's one for you guys on the wrong side....rofl.gif

post-8085-086851100 1288245230.jpg

Edited by ronin