free hit
counters
Fireworks... - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Fireworks...

are cool!

What are you doing for Guy Fawkes night? We've been to the Blackheath show of late which is mind bendingly great but it's a bit of a trek from where we are now.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh - T'is but a memory for my son. Nothing here in Oz. :-(

We made the most of every Guyfawks night in the UK. Each year we'd double the defence budget with bigger and better rockets.

Here's a pic from the early days.

FW002email.jpg

After that year we made a pact that each year the rockets had to be taller than him.

Fw2003email.jpg

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Everytime I set off fireworks on Guy Fawkes night the police show up and ask me for my green card.:fun:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Mmmmm. Fireworks. Coolio. Back garden with an industrial size noise pack. Ripper :)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

I'll be helping run the Dawlish and Teignmouth Round Table Display again. Always a Huuuge bonfire that we put together with a JCB and is always massively unstable when we try to tentatively climb to the top when built. We get a professional team in to set up and set off the Fireworks whilst I could be manning anything from the main entrance (chief doorman) carpark, or my personal favourate, the beer tent.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

As per every year I will be at one of my best mates house, Stevo Hubbard, to destroy more of his moms property. Stevo has for the last 10 years been a designer at Williams F1, but always came back for fireworks night as it's his birthday. Well this year is speciual because he has just got a job at Hingham for Lotus Racing as a designer and he's just found out he's gonna have a baby.

WHy to destroy his moms property? Show fireworks in a garden 20 ft long! So far we have set fire to their hedge, blown the gutter completely off the garage, cracked 2 roof tiles, smashed a neighbours greenhouse (what goes up must come down) and blasted a rocket into all of the attendees after it fell over! Never seen so many drunk people move so fast!!

Excellent! Can't wait!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I try and watch the Legoland fireworks every year as I'm local... I never bother going in to Legoland though, I'm too cheap and I can't be bothered with the traffic!

A few years ago, I was amazed to look out my bedroom window to see the Legoland fireworks, and see a smiley face firework! No one would believe me for years!

Isn't it wonderful that we still celebrate an attempt to blow up Parliament. It's high time we re-enacted the original event don't you think.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Slowly, and with great care, the others backed away from their keyboards as the Interpol agents closed in on the man in Australia....

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

We used to have fireworks in Australia when I was a kid. I remember some great nights at friend's houses where we set things up along with a barbecue and then have a ball letting all of them off. I remember the father of one of my mates holding a single Tom Thumb between his thumb and first finger and letting it go off. I was amazed that he could do it. Later, when I was on my own I tried it. He was 40 something with carpenters hands and I was about 5. It hurt like stink but I didn't dare tell my parents. :lol:

Fireworks got banned here after many letter boxes got destroyed by kids and some idiot in Brisbane put a cracker in the handlebars of a youngsters tricycle and lit it. The little guy wondered what the hiss was and looked down the tube as it went off and he lost an eye. Just one of the many things that got them banned in Australia. :(

For some reason though, you can still buy crackers at the various Chinatowns in most cities. Religious significance or some such.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

We'll probably go and watch the burning tar barrel races again:

289710150_aabda8bc39.jpg

dmsimgs%2F832dd592-747c-4992-aa09-8c68ddd445a7.jpg

Originally, each pub in the town would sponsor a barrel, and the winners would be the first team to get their barrel from one side of the town to the other. There are no crowd barriers, the crowd just parts as if by magic as the runners pass by. There are no disclaimer forms to sign.

Many people go simply because they know that one day it'll be closed down due to "health & safety", and want to show support for being allowed to take risks and make their own judgement as to what's safe and what's a thrill.

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

There are no crowd barriers, the crowd just parts as if by magic as the runners pass by. There are no disclaimer forms to sign.

The last time I went I found myself directly infront of a shop window as the 10 deep crowd surged backwards as one of the barrells passed. Still can't believe to this day that with the force I was being pressed up against the glass why I didn't go through it. No idea about the injury rate each year, but it's never advertised or like you say Dan, health and safety police would he out in force.

Think the expression 'your playing with fire' sums this up nicely.

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Yeah, there's two bottlenecks on the downhill side of the square that can get a bit nasty, so always stay uphill of the action.

The biggest mishap we've had with the tar barrels was the fire station burning down one year :stuart: . Fortunately it was the old fire station and not the active one, but a shame to lose a nice old building.

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."