free hit
counters
18. Brazil - Motorsport - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

18. Brazil

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Ramjet's prediction:

Someone will win, someone will lose. Someone will crash and someone won't. Someone will crash and take out someone else. Based on history, Jarno's car unfortunately will have a hydraulic issue. :(

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Looking forward to this one... I LOVE Brazil, it's a proper racing circuit not some upmarket Butlins resort that just happens to have a Go-Kart runabout inconveniently attached to it for the annual procession of F1 cars. Watch and take note Herman Tilke although the damage is already done...

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

Stirling, Herman has gotten the message, and personally promised me that there is to be no Butlins Resort near the Austin circuit. And the Go-Kart track will be well away from the main course, and limited to those 13 and under.

However, the nightly longhorn traildrive may be an issue, but Tavo and Herman are both going to be in Brazil (Brasil for the purists in the crowd) to take copious notes on the proper setup for the track's Churrascaria venue, and have made arrangements for a percentage of the herd to be funneled directly into the Bar B Que holding area, queueing for the que, as it were.:X

Heath's heinous harbinger for Interlagos: Turn one is going to be a nasty conglomeration of merging bright colours and brake dust, followed by the gnarly sounds of escaping opportunists.:cry:

• Like 1

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Stirling, Herman has gotten the message, and personally promised me that there is to be no Butlins Resort near the Austin circuit. And the Go-Kart track will be well away from the main course, and limited to those 13 and under.

Under 13s? You mean Vettel's got an older brother? baby.gif

Herman should be forced to spend the rest of his life watching re-runs of the tedious processions he helped to create. I wouldn't let him near my Scalextrix let alone some tarmac! mad.gif

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

there is to be no Butlins Resort near the Austin circuit.

What,,, no Butlins,,,,,,,, you won't get the Brits there without a Butlins. :sofa:

• Like 1

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Brasil for the purists in the crowd

Well having worked there 6 months a year for 10+ years I still use Brazil more than I use Brasil, because even the locals use the Z quite frequently! You are of course totally correct re the use of the S but it does seem quite random and I have asked about if it was regional or one for the more educated etc. but never have found a satisfactory answer. I suspect it is the internet age affecting the locals as they are very Americanised as the main influence traditionally, although they are moving away from that since the currency was allowed to go its own way and devalued by about 50% a few years ago.

Anyway enough of that. I was at the race 2 years ago for Hamilton winning the Championship and Coulthards last race. What a brilliant track for atmosphere and with great elevation changes. I was on the outside of the Senna S and that is a seriously steep bit of track that the cameras do no justice to. Yes the place may be a bit decrepit but only in a Silverstone way. Who cars what the granstands are like if the racing is good. I have enjoyed more of the crummy venues when at them than I have newer venues visited over the years. Why? The racing.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

I'm just a bit concerned that the gap between the front runners and the Lotus boys seems to have extended from about 4~5 secs out to 8 secs now. I was doing quick numbers on times and worked out that on average the Lotus cars were about 5% slower than the front cars on sector times and obviously overall time. If you look at the times now, it's out to about 8%. I would have hoped they were getting closer, not further away.

Are there only certain times during the season that upgrades are allowed? I believe there is no testing during a season, so how do slower cars ever become competitive during a season? Why don't they allow the Q1 cars to develop their cars during a season to try and catch up with the front cars or at least the Q2 cars, otherwise as I see it, the slower teams have to wait until the next season to see if their new car is any quicker, but the fast teams are doing that as well and from a better base.

Would make the season a bit more interesting I think.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

I think it's because the first qualifying session was damp with a dry line appearing by the end of Q3. In Q1, Webber was fastest with a time of 79.025 s while the Lotus times were 82.250 and 82.378 s so they were 3 and a quarter seconds or 4% off the pace. While Q1 is always faster than Q3, today the weather increased that difference to 10% so I don't think the cars are getting as far behind as the bald figures show. However, Lotus have stopped development of the 2010 car while the teams fighting for the championship are still trying to make their cars faster than the others so this would tend to leave Lotus behind.

It brings up an interesting point to do with how the rules will introduce a qualifying limit so that cars with a fastest time of, say, 107% of the fastest time, would fail to qualify for the race. I wonder how they will deal with wet/dry qualifying?

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Fair enough Trevor. Thanks for the explanation. :)

Takes the phrase "rain on your parade" to a whole new level.....:getmecoat:

15 minutes to go, this is going to be a very exciting race :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Hmmm.... not sure what to make of that one. If it was midway through the season I think it would've be pretty dull. As it was it wasn't the most exciting race of the season but given the championship I was glued, ( well apart from the 20 mins or so I missed because I feel asleep! ).

I can't help but think Redbull may have shot themselves in the foot in letting their favoured son take the win, it's going to be a tough call for him next week and too close for comfort for Webber when there could've been just one point in it. As much as I hate the idea of team orders the only reason Alonso is in the championship lead is because Massa stepped aside... 8 points in the bag... an 8 point lead over Webber. If he wins the drivers title that $100k fine is going to seem even cheaper!

Good luck Mark. wine.gif

About as straightforward a race as we've seen all year. As Stirling states above, not the most intense edge of your seat experience, but a fair amount of position changes in the midfield, and enough at the front to maintain interest, particularly with the driver championship being on the line. There will be, of course, lots of discussion about Red Bull "allowing" Vettel to finish ahead of Webber, but the kid drove a great race--he earned it, and has come a long way with regards to personal maturity. Credit where credit is due, I say.

With the Constructor's Championship also very much on the line (and congratulations to Red Bull on their first ever), who can fault their "play it safe" strategy. Millions of F1 dollars were at stake, not to mention the prestige involved. And permitting Webber to pass would have been such an obvious Team Orders move with inevitable consequences. Yes, it seems a bit unfair, in that Alonso is where he is due to such shenanigans on the part of Ferrari in an earlier race, but Red Bull's pulling the same stunt would have been all the more egregious. The possible penalties might easily have placed Webber at a much greater disadvantage in the final race. As it stands, he still has every possibility of winning the championship. And, who knows, Vettel might suprise us all.

Nice to see Team Lotus (use the phrase while you still can, boys!) bring both cars home--particularly in Jarno's case, what with all his previous hydraulic issues.

Good race, tbh I dont care about team orders - my money is still on Alonso.

Will vettel move over, of course he will - no team orders my bottom the only difference between ferrari and red bull will be they did it in the race, red bull will discuss this on the plane - the result is still the same.

Top work though red bull - ace result, AGAIN.

facebook = [email protected]