free hit
counters
Evora S - Autocar review - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Evora S - Autocar review

I guess they like it :D

Clicky

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess they do. thumbsup.gif Steve Sutcliffe's final comment is hell of a recommendation. unworthy.gif

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

It's a good start. Can't wait for the proper road tests to begin although I still expect some guff about how Lotus 2+2s have never been any good. At least you know to ignore any journalist that writes that. Would be nice to get my behind in a normal Evora, let alone one of these.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

It's great to hear how Lotus' effort in raising quality workmanship is already appearing in a current car.

They waisted no time, Bravo.

Looking at my 95 Esprit S4 with a levelling plate here and 4 different clearences there, I really appreciate this news.

Finally they show that they are dead serious about their products.

I am sure it will also add to the overall reputation here in Germany where we are a nation of "millimeter peters".devil.gif

Lotus' reputation here is like a 2 edged blade, thumbs up for legendary driving performance - thumbs down for quality. Until now !!cheers.gif

Stefan

PS : I still would not trade my Esprit for anything but a Esprit

Mind if I cut in ?

It does look good, doesn't it :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Man thats a proper good thumbs up for Lotus hard work! I remeber when we were all talking about the Lotus trim shop and how that was one thing that let the Approx. £60K cars down. If these German fellas have helped the trim shop with their end quality and I bet its only small stuff (the stuff that matters) that will do vast amounts of good news for Brand Lotus :animier:

Car looks so tight around that track

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

I'm wondering if they are listening in on the Forums and other (potential) customer comments. There were some negative comments when the first pictures were released about the 'bolt on afterthought' nature of the rear diffuser. That photo happens to be apearing in the dealer ads as well. But look at the Autocar pictures - its now nicely integrated and blends in well with the rear bodywork. In fact I think they call it subtle, which it certainly wasn't when first shown.

As Sutters says, everything about the car and what Lotus appears to be doing right now is heading in the right direction. Let's hope it stays that way and nothing derails the plans.

Here's a few more -

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Drives/Search-Results/First-drives/Lotus-Evora-S-2010-CAR-review/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/car-manufacturers/lotus/8110406/Lotus-Evora-S-review.html

http://cars.uk.msn.com/reviews/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=155160524

http://www.carenthusiast.com/reviews/article/5183/-/2011-Lotus-Evora+S/First+drive.html

Interestingly, a couple still criticise the gear change, with no reference to the improvements over the previous version. Minor stuff though, Lotus have nailed it. Nice one.

scooter-snail.jpg

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Dan Trent, who wrote the MSN review, has been posting some more informal comments over on SELOC and he's posted some more videos of him and the Telegraph writer gooning about:

Shame the Evora S is not more visually distinguishable from the Evora, it's to subtle for me. I'm sure it was done for a good reason though.

It's easy the car in front is an Evora S.

The latest Evo arrived today, complete with Evora S review from Spain. As expected, they like it, a lot, although John Barker's review is a more 'technical' analysis of the improvements over the base model so it doesn't eulogise quite so much as the others.

Verdict - 'Extra power makes Evora a genuine 911 rival' 5 Stars

Also in this issue, Chris Harris's column deals with the Lotus re-launch in Paris. His conclusion - "Like you, I'm watching with a sense of befuddlement and fascination, with every finger and toe crossed".

There is also an interesting proposal in the letters page. One writer suggests, if Lotus is moving upmarket, that Caterham repeats what it did with the Seven and licences the Elise and Exige product line so the 'enthusiast' continues to be catered for. Could be the expansion that MD Ansar Ali (ex-Lotus) is looking for?